Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw them about 6-8 different tables; most priced 419-429-439. I saw a few that had the promo deal in a different box(so no, the dealers weren't just taking out the holster and mag) the ones w/ the promo pkg (2 tables) were priced $459. It was boxed in a almost clear pkg w/ foam holding everything in place. Mine came in a flat, dark blue plastc case. I was at a table at 3:25 (show closed at 4)when Iheard a guy say "$400" I asked him what he would give me for my sks(that hadn't seen daylight for 10 years) he gave me te $135 I had on the sign, so I bought it .
I had about decided not to get one today - I wasnt sure 40 vs 9 or even fullsize vs sc, and esp. I wanted to see difft sights (only 3 dots today- not even night sights at the show....) but I had the chance to trade something I don't shoot for something I wll, and getting the 40 would mean couple hundred $ setting up the 550. I am satisfied......
Wife says e're going out for a while. I will try to check back here before bed. Question - has anyoneseen other than 3 dots stocked? dealers looked at me funny when I asked about others.......Later......

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
:D You got a great deal makes me want to go to the next gun show I would call springfield and try to get the free promo pack if it was new. no i haven't seen anthing but one gun with night sights and one bi tone at the local retailer but there is alot of links to replacement sight in here. Enjoy your new member to your family :)

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
What type of SKS was it?

If it was a Russian and had all matching numbers and in good shape, you just let a 300 dollar gun go for 135 bucks.

-Brickboy240

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a norinco- i bought it like 90 or 91. once you shoot a Garand the sks just isn't any fun. I was told by several dealers that the norinco is more desireable than the yugo sks that are flooding in. I seldom sell a gun, and I have never carried a gun home that I carried in to sell. I got $50 more than I paid for it (about). I still have a russian one in the safe-unfired. It actually feels like a rifle you could use in battle. the norinco was just a cheap inport (jm biased opinion). the norincos(had 2) couldn't even swap triggers- tolerances just lousy ......don't think I'll miss it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i just got my xd9 sub from the gunshow this past saturday for 389 + tax. the guy had all of the models for the same price. 3, 4, and 5 inch xd9 and xd40's. i called springfield today and got the promo pack. :lol:

theres another one this weekend, and im gonna try to get the xd9 service and try to do the promo for it too. :lol: dont know if theyll send another top end, or if i have to send them the gun, or if they wont do it at all, but its worth a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts