Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some new rifles I picked up the last couple of weeks.

M1 Carbine

Yugo SkS

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Very cool cobra. And I'd still like to know what your avatar is.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Great looking M1....and great book....if you haven't read Brooks's 2nd book, World War Z you need to read it, great follow up book.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
got wood?

nope i hate wood guns. that is a nice gun though i just dont like or own any wooden guns, the only wood i would get would be the colorful laminate ones used on target rifles

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love the M1 how much did you pick it up for if you do not mind me asking. And the Yugo SKS is a good decision as long as you do not have any problems with grenade launcher switch that was the first problem I had.
I don't know if I got a good deal or not, it was a impulse buy, it's one of my favorite guns of all time, and one of those oh I have to have this, It was used and in excellent condition. paid 600 plus tax and the ticket said CMP Island Service Grade M1A on it.

I did some quick research and I guess General Motors had a division that pumped these out to the tune of 2 million, all in all over 6 million M1's were produced making it the most produced small arms the American Military has ever produced.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Is that M1 one of those new Auto-Ordinance ones or an old military surplus one? I'm curious because I've been eyeing a M-1 carbine made by AO lately, and have been wondering how they shoot.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
older surplus model, the AO have the flip up rear sights, from what I have read they are good shooters.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Nice carbine! I have one sitting here that needs a bolt and some mags. Any idea where to find such parts?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts