Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the range yesterday morning to shoot my two new xdm's finally. Have been waiting to shoot them for about 7 weeks now. Had a 30 day wait for permit then had them and couldn't make it to the range. I think I did pretty good. Did real good with the 9, however with the 45 I was shooting left and some low. I must say though that I love my two new pistols, even looked at another one today, got me thinking about a third xdm.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
good choices!! Glad you had a good time.

I've loved mine..... 2000 + rounds, no failures of any type.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a good time. I had a couple of jams, however Im 100% sure that it was the rounds. They were pretty old re-loads in the 9. One of them was an old lead cone shaped bullet. The other was an old reloaded, hollow point it was pretty coke bottle shaped. I put them back in and they shot just fine. Im not worried about them at all, just needed to burn the old reloads to get some new ones made. Shot mostly factory loads through the 45 without an issue.

·
Registered
480 Posts
The 30 day waiting period must be dreadful:razz:

I had my XD9 for almost a month now and shot over 500 rounds with no problem. Glad to hear your enjoying your XD as well:)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 30 day waiting period must be dreadful:razz:

I had my XD9 for almost a month now and shot over 500 rounds with no problem. Glad to hear your enjoying your XD as well:)
It was dreadful, well worth the wait though.

Both of the XDM's I have are bitone. However, I looked at the od green and black xdm today and it looks sweet. I might just have to pick one up. My wife said I better buy another 9 because she wont let me have her's.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are my targets, I think it is good I guess you guys can let me know. Don't be too mean though, first time with the new guns. I was pretty excited having trouble relaxing. These were both shot at 15 yards in case you can't read the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Not trying to be mean, but what size shotgun did you use on those targets? You should be hitting tighter groups than that at 15 yards. Were you shooting fast?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A little fast, and I also am pretty sure that the targets are a little too big. It is too big of an area to aim at. I bought some smaller targets and will try those out and hope it looks better. 90% of the rounds that I was shooting were probably at least 5 years old and was just trying to shoot them up so I can get them reloaded to shoot some new stuff. I had only shot a pistol once before that day. I guess I didn't realize what I should be shooting.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Your groups will tighten up as you spend more time shooting the guns and getting comfortable with the trigger pull, recoil, etc.
You did fine and you have two great pistols. I've got an XD9 in od green. I'm heading to the gun show later with a Sig 2022 that I may trade towards an XD40 or 45, if the right deal comes along.
While you're getting more familiar with the guns, shoot more factory ammo so that you have consistant performance and no surprises. Then, when you known your gun better, play with different loads. At least, that was the advice I got once, a long time ago.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanx for the input and support. I do really love the two guns, I always look forward to shooting them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts