Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Held the FN FNX and FNS in my hands the other day. Contemplating selling my XDM 3.8 40 compact to fund the purchase. Considering it becuase I can't shoot the XDM very well, at least not as well as my XD9sc, or XD45c.

What the going price for a gently used XDM 3.8 40 c with TFOs and the complete XD Gear kit?

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Cuda is 100% right, get the FNX. The TFO's will help you on the XDM but the 40 hurts (lots and lots of 40's around in gun shows).

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cuda is 100% right, get the FNX. The TFO's will help you on the XDM but the 40 hurts (lots and lots of 40's around in gun shows).
people still buy guns at gun shows? I haven't seen a good deal at one in years. I found an on-line shop that takes trades. I'm expecting a quote from them.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
people still buy guns at gun shows? I haven't seen a good deal at one in years. I found an on-line shop that takes trades. I'm expecting a quote from them.
Post how it goes. I don't trade much but I do sell what I'm not using at gun shows but my buddy is a dealer so he lets me put my stuff on his table. LOTS of 40's out there. I think noobs bought them then found out they have recoil and are dumping them.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd put it on Armslist before I traded it.
If they'll give me a fair price, I'll trade it along with a few bucks for the FNX-40 . I'll be getting the LEO price too. I'll just have to see what their offer is. I have a second 16-round mag to go with it too.

I've never used Armslist, just Gunbroker a couple of times.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Guess what I just brought home today? I was down to the FNX-9 or the CZ P-07. I went with the FNX for various reasons.

1.) Adjustable back strap options.
2.) I like the de-cocker/safety. The CZ is exclusively one or the other
3.) The size
4.) The warranty. FNH has a lifetime warranty. CZ warranty was only for 5 years. Might be a non-issue to some people, but it's a factor for me.
5.) Availability of sights, holster, accessories.
6.) Came with 3 mags/the capacity of the mags.

Haven't shot it yet, will report back!

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
I used to have an FNX9 and ran it in my first USPSA match. Good solid gun that has a nice aggressive grip. Shot well but with the hammer, decocker and safety it was a lot of extra for competition. Sold it off for a good price and replaced it with an XDM9 5.25". If I ran into another FNX for a decent price I would buy again for range use.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was looking at the 9, but my employer will only issue 40 and 45.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Guess what I just brought home today? I was down to the FNX-9 or the CZ P-07. I went with the FNX for various reasons.

1.) Adjustable back strap options.
2.) I like the de-cocker/safety. The CZ is exclusively one or the other
3.) The size
4.) The warranty. FNH has a lifetime warranty. CZ warranty was only for 5 years. Might be a non-issue to some people, but it's a factor for me.
5.) Availability of sights, holster, accessories.
6.) Came with 3 mags/the capacity of the mags.

Haven't shot it yet, will report back!
Congrats dude! I'm happy for you and bet you wind up loving it.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
.45 if you have big hands.

I need some time alone with an FNX. The tactical looks like all kinds of fun but damn they pricey.
FNX and PPQ, the only polymers besides HK that I'm remotely interested in.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
.45 if you have big hands.

I need some time alone with an FNX. The tactical looks like all kinds of fun but damn they pricey.
I'd have to hire some one to carry the FNX 45 for me. That thing is built for Arnold Schwarzeneger.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Ha. Brief case?

I think I need one. We'll see what I run into when it's time for another .45. Assuming I don't get a 1911.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
A guy at my lgs carries his when he is bored... And he is 5'10" and about 165 hahaha... He conceals it pretty good

1 - 18 of 18 Posts