Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was taking my 3 yr old boy to swim lessons at the local pool on Saturday morning. I sat next to the miss's for 30 minutes and i was carrying a sig 220 otw with a sweat shirt over it. There was a couple sets of parents behind us and after it was over we stood up and waited for the kid to put his shoes on. After the other parents had left one of the moms behind us said to me, "oh by the way i noticed your piece." It was never uncovered so it must have been printing real bad the way i was sitting on the bleachers.

Her husband had gone to the locker rooms and she said yea we noticed it thanks alot now my husband wants to carry his everywhere too. Now he will wanna start carryin when we go to the store too... She said she didnt realize people carried em everywhere.

I was like uh yea im not just gonna carry it only when i think i might need it. It goes with me everywhere and its probably not a bad idea for your husband to carry his too especially since you guys have a couple young kids...

To sum up i was kinda embarrassed at first just because i was surprised she noticed even though it never showed. Plus i was just waiting for her to say sum anti gun ****. Im really glad she waited till after the other parents left cas if she would have called me out with a group of sheep parents around that could have been bad.

The parents there are freakin wierd too they complained because some of the parents (myself included) were sitting down by the water cas the kids are all about 3-4 yrs old and cant swim at all its their first time in the water. So a couple weeks ago they put up signs saying NO PARENTS BY THE POOL DUE TO PARENT COMPLAINTS. That very satuday a little girl jumped off the table thats in the water and was underwater struggling and the teacher had not even noticed. We yelled down for about 7 seconds and the teacher didnt hear us so a dad jumped over the rail from the back of the bleachers and jumped in and saved her! That is exactly why some parents want to be down by the water cas we dont trust a 16 yr old to watch 6 kids that cant swim at the same time by themselves. That pissed me off and they guy that went in was NOT happy. I havent seen them back sence actually.

·
Registered
34 Posts
As far as the getting outed, yeah that would make me feel a little uncomfortable also,sounds like it turned out ok though.
As far as the swimming, id sit next to the pool myself
In addition to the teenage swimming coaches, there are at least two life guards at my kids swim lessons.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Sounds like you missed the perfect opportunity for a desk pop.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as the getting outed, yeah that would make me feel a little uncomfortable also,sounds like it turned out ok though.
As far as the swimming, id sit next to the pool myself
In addition to the teenage swimming coaches, there are at least two life guards at my kids swim lessons.
Thats exactly what we said there needs to be lifeguads or better yet another teacher watching the class. 6 kids to 1 teacher is just not ok. After the incident a superviser got in the water and watched the kids for the rest of the class. He hasnt been there since though.

We used to sit by the pool until they put the signs up but now i dont really care.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
That is great!

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
You were "outed" by a CCW carrier. The husband probably noticed it and said, "but honey, his wife lets him carry to the pool" in a real high pitched screechy voice. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts