Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my Tactical hardchromed at Tripp Research. They did a great job. Improved its looks 1000%. It went from Plain Jane to something really nice to hold. I don't know how they do it.

Before----

After----

Seriously, though, the gun looks great. I'm not gonna bore you with another h.c. slide pic. I had just the slide done and it was affordable ($80 + $10 return ship) and only took a couple weeks till I had it back. They answered all my questions and kept me up to date as to where it was in the chroming process. Tripp Research is good.

Edited to add: Actual "After" pics appear in post below.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Virgil does super good work. Probably the
best in the hardchrome area period.

Ed

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
Holy Hot Chicks Batman! :shock:
I'm sending all my pistols to Tripp if they come back like that!
...I'll need a bigger safe though, and a new house to put it in cause Mrs. So Flo might not like me fondeling my new "weapons!"

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
Ron xd357 said:
Showed the wife that one she asked (WERE"S THE TRIGGER) !
FWIW, SHE knows where the trigger is...this is a TRICK question! Careful how you answer!

Seriously, Ivan, post some picts of the real pistola please.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Please post the pic - Did you get Matte, brushed or polished hard chrome?

I have a Walther P99 compact I am sending to him soon... I think I want matte, and not brushed. But I would like to see your slide pic...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's the real "after" pics. Thanks for the interest-- it's just your basic h.c. job, not much blingage. I threw in a close up so you can get sorta an idea of the finish they put on it. I didn't have to specify brushed, matte, whatever. Just sent it in asking for hardchrome.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Very Nice!

I expect my P7M8 and SiG's to be back from Tripp's on Tuesday. The XD silde ships next week, along with a couple of other pieces...

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Looks nice. That's the kinda look I want on my Walther compact. Thanks for posting the pic. I almost sent the slide off last week, but am waiting until after Christmas. I plan to buy another gun in Jan, and I can use that extra $100 towards what I want. Afterwards, it's not as hard to come up with the extra money for just the hard chroming...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Outstanding!! The XD is not bad either.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow, that looks awesome. The gun too.

Hey, did you have to do a complete disassemble or just a field strip to send the slide to them? Do they take care of any other parts that may need to come off before having it hard chromed (ie. sights...)?

From their site, looks like it's only $80 to get that done. Looks like a great investment. Thanks for sharing with me another way to blow my money out the door. :lol:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Captain Clay said:
Wow, that looks awesome. The gun too.

Hey, did you have to do a complete disassemble or just a field strip to send the slide to them? Do they take care of any other parts that may need to come off before having it hard chromed (ie. sights...)?

From their site, looks like it's only $80 to get that done. Looks like a great investment. Thanks for sharing with me another way to blow my money out the door. :lol:
+1
I'm considering sending my tac to Tripp and had the same questions. Mine looks a bit like that now with a dull matte gray finish but is developing surface wear and rust. I'm worried they will have to strip it first and add to the cost.
At any rate, thanks I.A.M., for the peek into the future of what mine will look like when done.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
NICE pictures. (of the XD too) Tripp did my XD sub last month with a 2 week turn around time and I am thrilled with the looks also and the finish will be one I do not have to worry about much.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
All I did was send the slide in and they took the sights off and put them back on for the $80.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts