Registered
7,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATE!

The Good:

Got my SR9c back Friday afternoon. Ruger replaced:

#6 - Extractor Pivot Pin
#7 - Extractor
#8 - Extractor Spring (still attached to Extractor #7)
#16 - Striker Blocker Spring
#17 - Striker Blocker (Spring and Blocker still attached)

These parts were causing me problems after all which I am glad they replaced them. The invoice also states that they fixed the frame. What exactly they did is not mentioned. The gun was also test shot 40 times before sending it back to me.

I have not shot it yet myself, but I did have time to remove the slide from the frame and it does so perfectly. The same goes for reassembly. This is how it should have been, and now it is like butter.

The Bad:

No extra mag for my troubles? They skimped out on me! :( Also the gun came back filthy and there are few scratches on the slide. THIS IS A BRAND NEW GUN AND THEY SCRATCHED THE DAMN SLIDE!!! :evil: I know this is bound to heppen after years of use, but seriously, is it too much to ask for some TLC when in the shop? When I bring my car in for new brakes, I don't want to see damage to the body or wheels, you get the idea. Some buffing makes it look better but I know they're still there. Being OCD on keeping things nice does not help here. I am not happy with this.

The Ugly:

I was kind of expecting to at least be contacted that the gun is fixed and on its way back to me as a courtesy, but none of that happened either. When I called last week, the rep sounded like he really didn't care by his voice. Again, no free mag? Really? Was I asking too much? I did by their gun that came from the factory so buggered up it had to go back to get fixed that took three weeks to complete? Not to mention the P345 I had before this was a complete pile of cow poop.

The Verdict:

I have mixed emotions of disappointment and relief. I'm not "wow'ed" in anyway which is kind of saddening since I have read and heard of all sorts of raves about how great Ruger's service is and how they go a little extra for you. All I got was pretty much "Here's your gun back, bye." I wish I could have written a glowing response, but I honestly can't. Hopefully at least the gun will function properly now in every way it should.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
CJ..

Sell that bitch and clear your mind....:rolleyes:

I've only dealt with Ruger CS once and it was postive.
But it was a recall on the LCP..

Good luck brother...

·
Premium Member
128,287 Posts
My CS experience with Ruger was totally different. When I sent my Mark lll in they replaced everything but the frame free of charge and had it back to me within 10 days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts