Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put 200 rounds through it, without a single hick-up. Absolutely love this handgun. The Grip Zone is quite comfortable, the Sight Zone is nice to use, the Slide Zone serrations are awesome, the Trigger Zone was very nice and smooth, and it didn't feel like I was shooting a Sub-Compact.

You may never guess this, but the words "Grip Zone" on the gun didn't interfere with the operation whatsoever either. Overall, nice shooting gun...very pleased with my purchase. Now if only my holster would come in the mail...

·
Registered
41 Posts
I also put a few rounds through mine today and Love it. So much better than the XDs. Great trigger and feel.

Reactions: sgtguthrie

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What holster are you getting ?
I have "the low rider" from rmholsters.com for my Glock 23, and love it. His lead time is about 5 weeks though, compared to Cook's 3 weeks, so I figured I'd try out a new one with an adjustable clip. Rmholsters.com does have a mold for the mod.2 now though.

Sent from my GALAXY Note 3 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the page and gun forums. Hi, I just bought this little guy and have had about 300 rounds of pure pleasure through it. Second compact I've owned and maybe the last. The "grip zone" kicks arse, except for the logo. Seen some guys tape over them, don't think it bothers me that much. We'll see. Love the reviews you guys are putting out. Has anyone fired the sup compact with a ported barrel? Is there much difference in recoil, not that it's bad or anything.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
New to the page and gun forums. Hi, I just bought this little guy and have had about 300 rounds of pure pleasure through it. Second compact I've owned and maybe the last. The "grip zone" kicks arse, except for the logo. Seen some guys tape over them, don't think it bothers me that much. We'll see. Love the reviews you guys are putting out. Has anyone fired the sup compact with a ported barrel? Is there much difference in recoil, not that it's bad or anything.
I haven't seen or heard of a ported one. I choose 9mm so porting isn't as big a deal as someone who like 40s&w. Personally, I think 40s&w is a waste. There's a reason the FBI is switching back to 9mm. Or perhaps I should say reasons...

Sent from my GALAXY Note 3 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm a 9mm guy myself. Recoil and mag cap for self defence is perfect. Knock down/ BST is plenty for soft skin humans. The .40 guys are almost as bad the .45 guys with their bigger is better thinking. I've seen a guy get dropped cold with a .22 before. Shot placement, shot placement, shot placement. More bullets helps with that also. The ported barrel would be cool for showing off at the range, not a everyday carry.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Put 200 rounds through it, without a single hick-up. Absolutely love this handgun. The Grip Zone is quite comfortable, the Sight Zone is nice to use, the Slide Zone serrations are awesome, the Trigger Zone was very nice and smooth, and it didn't feel like I was shooting a Sub-Compact.

You may never guess this, but the words "Grip Zone" on the gun didn't interfere with the operation whatsoever either. Overall, nice shooting gun...very pleased with my purchase. Now if only my holster would come in the mail...
Congrats I now love my XD9 Mod2 as well(after curing my trigger control issue)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Sgtguthrie, I have owned the same great pistol for 3 months now, and after 3k rounds, not a single issue! As for your Cook's holster, I own the IWB, IWB TUCK, an OWB, and 2 magazine carriers. Great products. Welcome and enjoy!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts