Springfield XD Forum banner

Got my New Holster Today

5K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  cmparrish 
#1 ·
I opted for the High Noon Holster's Public Secret since I wanted the slide guard. It gets hot down here in FL and would hate to sweat the slide too much. Anyway I am happy with the quality of the holster. The price was a little much thou but since it only took 5 days to receive it that made up for it a little. Perfect fit for my XDM 40 Compact since it's a molded holster.

See less See more
#27 ·
I may be holding my my small child, or the hand of my older child.
I may have a flashlight in my other hand.
I may have a BUG in the other hand.
I may have the bad guys gun in the other hand.
I may have a wound on myself, or loved on that I'm trying to stop the hemorrhaging.
I may be running through a crowd, and need a hand free to push people out of the way.

There are a million+1 that you should be able to holster your sidearm with one hand.
Relax. It take an extra one or two second if you had ANY of those issues to holster your firearm. It should never come out unless you are going to use it so job finished now put it away. The point I was making was that you need quick access (one hand) and not so much on holstering it.

#28 ·
Relax. It take an extra one or two second if you had ANY of those issues to holster your firearm. It should never come out unless you are going to use it so job finished now put it away. The point I was making was that you need quick access (one hand) and not so much on holstering it.
I'm relaxed. I just though it was a good looking holster, and though about giving it a try. It's not about time for me when re-holstering. It's that I might have an immediate need to have both hands free for the "aftermath", or even that I want to be holstered quickly before I get mistaken as the shooter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.