Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my new LaserLyte QD laser sight in the mail. I picked it up from centerfiresystems.com for $80 (I think list is around $120). I really like that fact that I can install/remove the laser just by pushing the buttons on the side of the laser mount and sliding it off of the accessory rail on my XD. I would recomend this laser sight to anyone who is looking for a laser for their XD.

:lol:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, I haven't shot it with the laser on it yet. It's got a seperate allen screw to adjust windage and elavation. I'll try to post a pic.

How can I post a pic?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I went shooting with mine for the first time on last sunday, it was accurate but I had a problem with it sliding off of the accessory rail. It would slide off just so the lock buttons were off the rail. Please let me know if you have the same problem. I was using it on my XD-9.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine slides on pretty tight, and getting it off can be a little bit of a trick....but I think it's made that way. I would think that over time it will loosen up a bit. I'd rather have a tight secure mount than a mount that slides on and off with ease, but after a year is so loose that it just wobbles around.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
So far tho, they don't make it for the 9mm or 40 cal in subcompact. I talked to one of the ladies there last week and she said she didn't know when that would happen. I advised her a lot of people buy the subcompacts and many would like a laser (so I embellished a little). she said she would advise the tech guys and to keep on checking back.

I have the 9 subcompact and want one. They are $120 for the regular and 148 for the superbrite one they carry now.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought that they should fit all models of the XP's. Don't they all have the same mounting rail?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had a problem with the laser sliding on the rails when I first got it. Then I realized what I was doing wrong. Make sure that the tabs that retract when you push the buttons on the side of the laser engage in the machined slots in the accessory rail. This will fix the laser onto the rail and it should not slide. I always push the butons in to put the laser on the rail then take my fingers off the buttons and continue sliding the laser towards the rear of the gun. When the tabs reach the machined slot in the rail they will pop into the slot.

Sometimes I have to wiggle the laser back and forth a bit (with my fingers off the buttons on the laser) to ensure the tabs are engaged on both sides of the rail.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
imq, in another laser related thread, someone pointed out that the laser fits, but doesn't lock onto the subcompacts because the laser is too long.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I put one of these on my XD40. I sighted it to 20ft (here in the house that's about the average distance I'd be using it if it came down to it) and it keeps within about a half inch. Now if I could just keep the ol' hands steadier, I might just keep it in the X ring at 20ft. :) I love the thing, and it adds a bit of balance to the gun when its got a full magazine, overall a good piece of gear.

Matthew

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Is there a part number for that or did you just order the one for the glock?

Also, do you have a 4 inch or a 5 inch model XD?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Here's apic

My "Kraigster" grip was temporarily removed in favor of a decal grip :)

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Well, I found out they don't have any plans to have a QD type laser for the SC, but instead, universal one with choice of either a straight cord, curly cord or switch. The latter would seem the best way to go.

One of the ladies there said she would email me a picture of it as they don't have it on their site yet. I'm still waiting over a week for the email. If I can remember (which I haven't been able to) I will call next week and find out what's up. I want a laser just for ***** and grins, but I want to see what it looks like first. I had hoped the tru glo would be ok, especially for the price, but it's sticks out way too long in the picture.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I just put mine pictured above through a mini-torture test of sorts - 150 rounds of WW White Box .40 SW). Here's my assessment: Inspensive lasers, the Laserlyte is no exception, are fun toys but not to be relied on solely in a life or death situation. Their primarly role IMHO is that of a fear "enhancer" - the very thought of a red dot on my privates would put the fear of God in ME that's for sure. As far as sight acquisition, I find that I can get my iron sights focused on target just as quickly, if not faster than with the laser.

Mine held its point of imparct pretty good but when affixed to a XD40 Service, the tension screws (2) loosened up repeatedly under fire. I recommend a dab of Loctite (try medium strength - blue first and then go to high - red if necessary) to keep them in place and be very careful when inserting or taking out these two little buggers - they are very easy to lose should they drop on a carpet or anywhere for that matter. Ditto for the two Allen wrenches that come with the unit but at least those can be replaced easily.

Bottom line, a fun, inexpensive little gizmo but not for serious business.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts