Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got it after 5 long weeks. Carried my 3.8 compact for the first time today in my new Pure kustom black ops pro holster :D

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
cpl. U from Michigan area?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Congrats! We'll be expecting a full report on the walk, of course:)

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Congratz!

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Yes, Metro Detroit
Was only curious cause ive only know "cpl" to be a Michigan term, maybe other states call it a cpl as well but I havnt come across any.
again congrats!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Congrats! Just got mine yesterday too. Took 20 days to get it from application to my mail. Think I may do the Wally Walk tonight after work with my 1911 as I am still waiting for my hoster for my M&P .40c...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Congratulations! WW and as always "pictures or it didnt happen!"

·
Registered
105 Posts
Was only curious cause ive only know "cpl" to be a Michigan term, maybe other states call it a cpl as well but I havnt come across any.
again congrats!
WA is one of those who refer to their permit as a CPL, I believe if I am correct most states refer to their permit as a CCW as that defines weapons in general, in WA it is not illegal to conceal a weapon such as knife(being that it is within the length requirements) but it is illegal to conceal a pistol without a permit.

Don't know Michigan law though. Just a little literacy for ya, hoping I have the correct information lol

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
WA is one of those who refer to their permit as a CPL, I believe if I am correct most states refer to their permit as a CCW as that defines weapons in general, in WA it is not illegal to conceal a weapon such as knife(being that it is within the length requirements) but it is illegal to conceal a pistol without a permit.

Don't know Michigan law though. Just a little literacy for ya, hoping I have the correct information lol
Sounds good! I will keep that in mind.:) The states give different terms for licenses or permits to carry a concealed firearm, such as a Concealed Handgun License/Permit (CHL/CHP), Concealed (Defensive/Deadly) Weapon Permit/License (CDWL/CWP/CWL), Concealed Carry Permit/License (CCP/CCL), License To Carry (Firearms) (LTC/LTCF), Carry of Concealed Deadly Weapon license (CCDW), Concealed Pistol License (CPL), etc. We can also carry knives as well with a length restriction and ive heard lots of different things regarding the "ccw" term.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Finally got it after 5 long weeks. Carried my 3.8 compact for the first time today in my new Pure kustom black ops pro holster :D
Congratulations on the CPL! I know that the days seemed to drag on forever while I was waiting for it. Kinda like waiting for Christmas when I was a little kid.

(Oh crap, I hope I didn't offend anyone of the PC crowd by saying Christmas)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Sounds good! I will keep that in mind.:) The states give different terms for licenses or permits to carry a concealed firearm, such as a Concealed Handgun License/Permit (CHL/CHP), Concealed (Defensive/Deadly) Weapon Permit/License (CDWL/CWP/CWL), Concealed Carry Permit/License (CCP/CCL), License To Carry (Firearms) (LTC/LTCF), Carry of Concealed Deadly Weapon license (CCDW), Concealed Pistol License (CPL), etc. We can also carry knives as well with a length restriction and ive heard lots of different things regarding the "ccw" term.
While many people refer to it as a "CCW" most states don't cal it a CCW. In MI your CPL does not allow you to carry knives, only a concealed pistol (greatly helps for OC but from what I can tell you already know that). In MI there is no knife preemption so localities can create ordinances regarding length, type, color, whatever they want. Most allow them as long as they are no longer than 3". State law allows you to carry a knife up to 3" with illegal intent but as long as you carry it without illegal intent state law allow it to be greater than 3"

750.226 Firearm or dangerous weapon; carrying with unlawful intent.
Sec. 226. Carrying firearm or dangerous weapon with unlawful intent—Any person who, with intent to use the same unlawfully against the person of another, goes armed with a pistol or other firearm or dagger, dirk, razor, stiletto, or knife having a blade over 3 inches in length, or any other dangerous or deadly weapon or instrument, shall be guilty of a felony, punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than 5 years or by a fine of not more than 2,500 dollars.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wisconsin Department of Justice calls ours, a CCW License. It licenses the Concealed Carry of Handguns, Electric Weapons, Knives (not switchblades) and Billy Clubs. Law goes into effect Nov. 1, 2011.

We'll see how well I can keep my XDM Compact .40 from printing thru my shirts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts