Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I've got the permit finally. This is my XD-9 I will be carrying along with a few other toys in the option jar..... I love America!

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
You are truly well armed, my son. The "perps beware" part is a bit sobering, though. Please don't go looking for trouble. In fact, since you are armed, please make every effort to stay away from bad situations.

Be safe and congratulations on the CCW. Where I live I can only watch in envy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Son of Norway said:
You are truly well armed, my son. The "perps beware" part is a bit sobering, though. Please don't go looking for trouble. In fact, since you are armed, please make every effort to stay away from bad situations.

Definately not looking for trouble. It was actually quite refreshing to discover that the majority of the CCW course's cirriculum cosisted of focusing on the consequences of actually using deadly force. The legal, emotional, and potential financial problems stemming from shooting someone are overwhelming. The best method of dealing with a potentially deadly situation is to remove yourself from it as quickly as possible. Only when it is impossible to do so, is it then necessary to use deadly force. That is unless you are protecting property or the lives of others that are in danger. It's all about good judgement. They really focused on that well in this course. I don't know how you can really teach someone good judgement in eight hours, but they gave it a heck of a go. My hat is off to the instructor of my course. It was time well spent.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
BornOnFire said:
Son of Norway said:

Definately not looking for trouble. It was actually quite refreshing to discover that the majority of the CCW course's cirriculum cosisted of focusing on the consequences of actually using deadly force. The legal, emotional, and potential financial problems stemming from shooting someone are overwhelming. The best method of dealing with a potentially deadly situation is to remove yourself from it as quickly as possible. Only when it is impossible to do so, is it then necessary to use deadly force. That is unless you are protecting property or the lives of others that are in danger. It's all about good judgement. They really focused on that well in this course. I don't know how you can really teach someone good judgement in eight hours, but they gave it a heck of a go. My hat is off to the instructor of my course. It was time well spent.
Phhheeew! I was going to say the same thing as Son of Norway said, but I didn't. Glad to hear your are not some trigger happy pappy :shock: Congrats on your CCW, it's a good feeling to be able to pack heat, but I pray no one has to in their lifetime.

I've killed alot of paper targets and soda cans filled with water 8)

Have fun, enjoy shooting, be safe.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Congratulations on your permit. Like Son of Norway, I too must watch in envy. Wish I had some politician friends or chummy w/Hayward's Police Chief. On another note, who makes your tanto knife and where can I get one. I gotta have one too!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
gerardoscuz said:
On another note, who makes your tanto knife and where can I get one. I gotta have one too!!!!!!!
Awww crap! now you guys are going around stabbing people! :cry:

( :mrgreen: )

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Congrats on your CCW. I was happy when I received my license in 2002. Good stuff.
You guys have to remember the internet is so informal these days. It may sound like crazy talk (ie Perps beware) but it's probably nothing. He's just excited about finally getting his license. We can't truly judge one man's character by what we read and type on the keyboard. 8)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gerardoscuz said:
Congratulations on your permit. Like Son of Norway, I too must watch in envy. Wish I had some politician friends or chummy w/Hayward's Police Chief. On another note, who makes your tanto knife and where can I get one. I gotta have one too!!!!!!!
I sent you a PM for the rest of you. These Tanto's are available from this website.

http://www.fantasybladesandmore.com/

It's a Colt Pathfinder. If you do want to order anything from them, by all means, let me know. These folks are good friends of mine. I work with the "husband" of the husband and wife team that run this website. Well, actually, as is true in most cases, the wife mainly runs this show. He just sits back and plays with all the wares.....LOL....

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Congratulations. I received my AZ license a year ago this week. Carry wisely.

·
Registered
82 Posts
One more congratulation! :) I feel our country becomes a safer place every time I here another GOOD citizen will be carrying to protect himself and others. Especially since I could be one of the others! :wink:

Thanks for taking on this responsibillity!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts