Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the site and just purchased a XDm 9 3.8. I had been looking at buying a XDm 3.8 for awhile now. I like the feel and the looks of this gun but also have talked with many people in the gun industry about it's performance and reliability. I have not heard any negative issues and most suggest XDm over the Glock..... I'm going shooting as soon as I can. This will be my primary CC gun with 13rd mag. Any suggestions welcomed with pertaining experiences with CC. Thanks

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas, and congratulations on your new XDm, it will serve you well.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Congrats on a wonderful gun - I got mine last week and I've put around 200 rounds through it without a glitch. It's my carry gun, too, and I don't even notice it's there. I love it and I know you will, too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the feed back guys.... As far as training I have been shooting for 20+ years but want more of course... I think I found a buyer of my Glock 23 and glad to offset the purchase of my XDm. Man the Glock just doesn't do it for me, the ergonomics suck and the finger groves irratate the heck out of me.

I was curious if people perfer to CC with a round in the chamber or without a round chambered? I usually CC with my Kimber 45 Chambered.... but was thinking I would CC without a round chambered until I get a good feel for the XDm. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks again for the great welcome and hope to contribute in the future to the new XD members. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
IMO, if you are going to CC you should have a round chambered. If you need to use it, you may not have time to rack the slide.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I would defiantly CC with a round in the chamber. What if your off arm is injured?, what if you are having to push some one off of you, as you draw? Those are just 2 of thunderer of scenarios that can happen. Let's face it, if you aren't a "what iffer" you probably aren't carrying.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congrats on the 3.8 purchase. It's my carry gun and most comfortable pistol I have ever shot. I think you need to carry with a round in the chamber. If you are uncomfortable with that then carry without for a few days and realize the gun isn't going off unless you make an effort to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I believe you will be very happy with your purchase. I was just telling my wife last night, after almost three weeks of CCing with my XDM 3.8 .40, how well I have adjusted to it. It's become part of my routine each morning...like putting a watch on or putting the wallet in your pocket.

The bulkiness and weight (compared to my previous CC weapon) can be minimized with the investment of a good holster and heavy gun belt.

I did as the previous poster mentioned, carried a couple days without a round chambered to get the feel for it, to learn where my fingers would land, holstering/unholstering...like a new TV remote control, just make sure you know where all the "buttons" are located.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts