Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after waiting for what seemed like forever (6 months), I finally found the shotgun I wanted! Went to the gun show this weekend (my birthday) and low and behold I find my Remington 870 Express Mag!

Dealer said the guy came in that morning and sold it off as part of some divorce settlement, poor guy :twisted:. It came unfired with a 4 shell side saddle and a cool little assy rail between the mag tube and extender. Walked out the door payin $242. Needless to say I'm happy as hell. :D

Here she is:

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome ShotGUN!
Thank ya, thank ya. We'll see how the range goes this evening. Throw some field load through it, tryin to find some 00, can't do slugs unless I'm a member at the range... Might have to sneak one in the tube...

·
Registered
399 Posts
Cannot go wrong with an 870...just consider having it refinished...the finish on the 870 express is pretty cheap and prone to rust. Remington uses that same finish on the SPS rifles as well.

If you are a DIY...look at KG Gunkote or Norrell's Moly Resin.

·
Registered
25,521 Posts
Nice lookin' shotgun. I have an old model 870 Wingmaster that I love. Next on my list is an 870 Marine Magnum and a 870 Super Magnum. I'm dying to try out the 3 1/2 shells.:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cannot go wrong with an 870...just consider having it refinished...the finish on the 870 express is pretty cheap and prone to rust. Remington uses that same finish on the SPS rifles as well.

If you are a DIY...look at KG Gunkote or Norrell's Moly Resin.
Good to know! Wasn't too sure about the beadblasting type finish. I'd like to think I'm a DIY so thanks for the reccomendations, hopefully it'll last long enough for me to get my ducks in a row on attempting it!Any preventatives now? I wiped it down with oil and a silicone cloth last night, any other products?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Nice one! How many shells does it hold in the magazine tube? One of my buddies has got a mossberg 590 that holds 8 2 3/4 shells. Curious as to how some other pumps compare.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Looking for the same exact shotgun. $242 is a steal!!!!! Awesome find. The cheapest I've found around here is at Bass Pro Shop for $350.

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
$242 damn nice buy,Congrats my friend!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Man what a good deal! I've been wanting to pick one of them up for the past year. You want your money back? :D:D:D

Brent

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Nice lookin' shotgun. I have an old model 870 Wingmaster that I love. Next on my list is an 870 Marine Magnum and a 870 Super Magnum. I'm dying to try out the 3 1/2 shells.:mrgreen:
If you like recoil you'll love the 3 1/2" Mags I suggest Fiocci Turkey Thunders for the first time. 10 gauge load pushed through a 12 gauge bore. For the truly Masochistic I suggest firing the same load through a Benelli Nova without the recoil reducer truly BRUTAL.:twisted:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Excellent shotty for a truly amazing price, XDforMe. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the congrats guys, I was a little leery of doing it financially, but I knew thought it was a sweet deal. And sorry, I took it to the range last night 50 rounds later, I'm officially hooked. :D

As for the capacity it's 6+1, not bad when you consider if you load 00 or slugs, you really shouldn't have to go past a few rounds in a HD situation. Good thing I'm planning for the zombies and keeping it full of both. :twisted:

Now for the Knoxx stock, next check, lol. Oh, and my lower reciever, oh and...

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
A nice set of ghost ring sights for the shotty might be in order as well. ;) I had Wilson/Scattergun install a set on an old 870 I had a few years back and they were excellent!! Ghost ring rear, tritium insert front!!

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Definately going to be my sight choice! Thought about getting the heat shield with ghost rings built in.

That brings up a good quest... any easy way to get the stock bead sight off? Or are you going to have to go around it all the time? Didn't see an easy way to do it, so why not ask the guy who owns three? lol

·
Registered
294 Posts
870 express is a pressed in bead sight... at least mine is. so, I went with the heat shield also... Good choice for H/D....

Try taking it out to King lake area or there abouts.... not a long drive, and then try any and all ammo you want to.....:D

Awesome Buy.. Congrats on it... as you've already said, You'll Love it!:p

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
870 express is a pressed in bead sight... at least mine is. so, I went with the heat shield also... Good choice for H/D....

Try taking it out to King lake area or there abouts.... not a long drive, and then try any and all ammo you want to.....:D

Awesome Buy.. Congrats on it... as you've already said, You'll Love it!:p
Good deal, I'll get the heat sheild then. Might want the bead in the future, who knows!

King Lake huh? Where might that be? Always looking for someplace to shoot outdoors.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Do you have Google earth or maybe if not that, then try to google it or map quest it... its about 15 miles east the way a crow fly's from Bothell, so not sure just how far by raod... there are other area's out there also...If you have google earth, it is a FREE download, and you can get a very nice map tool....

Google Earth

Google Earth

you'll see it from bothell...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts