Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I went on and got a Springfield 1911 RO today. Was thinking about the Regent 1911 but just could not except that it has the Made in Turkey on it. :twisted:

·
Registered
29,734 Posts
Well, your RO was made in Brazil...but you still got a good pistol. Enjoy!

·
Registered
180 Posts
"Heck, I can **** in a box and mark it guaranteed, Ive got time..."

Regardless of where your RO was made or even if you bought it used...LIFETIME WARRANTY. Its one of the main reasons to buy Springfield Armory. Needless to say, the RO is a VERY good gun and you made a VERY good purchase.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Congrats! The RO is probably going to be my next purchase. Let us know how it shoots.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Got one a bit back. Only 350 rounds through it...have not had the opportunity to shoot lately. But, it's reliable and VERY accurate. A friend shoot mine and he put 20 rounds trough a 1" hole. I will never be able to do that, but it is fun to know you have a accurate gun. Now it's on me. It has a great feel and good grips. Got mine for $800...how did you do? Enjoy!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine was 820 out the door. I had read that the frames were built out of country....but it still dont say Turkey LOL. Ill go to the range in a few days. My daughter starts back to school Monday, so no time for the range yet.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I am trying to keep this one under the radar for as long as possible. My wife goes on and on every time I get a new product. She got a nice tiled kitchen and living room for 5 grand. I figured I needed something to. :D

·
Registered
29,734 Posts
whats wrong with turkey
Actually, absolutely nothing is wrong with their firearms. They make some decent quality stuff, at a fairly low cost...including pistols like the Stoeger Cougar & Armalite AR-24.

Given, most of what you find is copies of other designs, (Mainly CZ clones), but they ae good quality pistols.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Congrats. I bought my first a few weeks ago and love it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im not bashing on the Turkey made firearms. The Regent 1911 looks pretty darn good, but my Store of choice here in town does not carry the Regent 1911. The Regent was my first choice though. When I got into the store, the clerk asked what I was looking for and I said a 1911 but it has to be a Springfield, he was like here ya go. So I was like here you go and forked over the bills right away. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
16 Posts
The RO has an NM serial number and no mention of Brazil, that should indicate that it is at least 51% made/assembled in the USA

it's a great gun though, regardless of origin

·
Registered
29,734 Posts
The RO has an NM serial number and no mention of Brazil, that should indicate that it is at least 51% made/assembled in the USA

it's a great gun though, regardless of origin
Pull the grips, and it'll say IMBEL.

And I agree, it's a great gun; I just like to point out to folks who look down foreign-produced guns that SA doesn't make any of it's own pistols (with the possible exception of the EMP). SA may assemble a few...but they don't produce them here in the US.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Congrats on the new 1911...:)

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
This is the best year to buy a 1911...

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now I have to really double up on the 45 ammo. Abbey is alway on my back about the amount I have already, like I am going to start a one man war like Michael Douglas did in that movie.

It will be nice to have a pistol with a low count mag. When I take the XD out on a date, toward the end of the range visit, I will start to blow through the rounds. Not to sure when I will take the RO out. When I bought my XD, I did not shoot it for the first 2 years I owned it. :-?

·
Registered
206 Posts
pics or it didnt happen

1 - 20 of 21 Posts