Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were at a family get together this weekend, about 40 family and friends, BBQ, and games. All of the wife's family are huggers so everybody we met gave us a hug. Saturday we must have hugged 30 plus people, I was carrying at 8:30 IWB. Nobody noticed. Sunday one of my bother-in-laws came over to say hi, the hadn't made it on Sat. as they were getting ready to leave my sister-in-law give me a hug as she brought down her hand she bumped my gun. She just smiled and said sorry I bumped your gun. I said no worry, she turns at me and says, your realy wearing a gun. I said yes. She says I was just playing when I said sorry I bumped your gun. I smiled she says cool let me see it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I got made last month by my friend's dad. He slapped me on the back, right on my xd and said "woah, you packing?" and i said yep and he asked if i got a permit for that and i said yep and he didn't say anything about it after that. first time i have been made by someone who didn't know i was carrying. My buddy, his son, took the cc class the other day.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
I hope you did so discreetly... :p
Ha!

I have had some really close calls when I was in hugging situations. There is really not much you can do.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea we were at my mother-in-law's house. Just us, my to bother-in-laws and my son and his wife. I showed her my pf9 and she siad wow that's a cool looking gun. We started talking about guns an my son went outside and brought in his G3, and M4. Around that time my niece show up and her kids and husband had a great time asking questions about the rifles. No antigunners in that house.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Gotta love it when you get that reaction. Way better than the alternative.

8:30 huh? Just remember, lefty's rule.:twisted:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Haven't got made yet. Guess I'm just lucky. As above comment states, Leftys rule. I also carry at 830. It's nice that you have a family that likes guns.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
glad to hear it turned into a positive experience and no one freaked out.

im thinking the hug test is likely the only way im going to get made. i was out w friends and we got to talking about guns and carrying and eventually the convo came around to asking if i was carrying at the time (i was). i was sitting at a picnic table leaning slightly forward carrying at about 5:30 with just a t shirt and my friend sitting to my right couldn't tell one way or another if i had it on me. the consensus ended up being that 75% thought i was carrying but it didn't have anything to do with visuals. i know not to get overconfident that its hidden but felt good that it was concealing well.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea the party on Sat. I was cooking so I was bending down to check the fire, and pickup up stuff. Went around picking up balloons, streamers and other stuff the kids where dropping and nobody ever said anything.

·
Registered
460 Posts
haha at least she was cool about it, most people freak when you pack at home, my brothers wife makes him lock his up as soon as he walks in the door.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Left handed left hip is 9:00 right handed right hip is 3:00, small of back is 6:00 bellybutton is 12:00. Personally 5:30 is too far back for me.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Don't know if I've ever been made cc'ing, if I have no one has said anything.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yea the party on Sat. I was cooking so I was bending down to check the fire, and pickup up stuff. Went around picking up balloons, streamers and other stuff the kids where dropping and nobody ever said anything.
What do you use for carrying? Iwb? Owb? Also what do you carry.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
IWB, diy holster sort of a cross between a super tuck and an mtac spartan. Carry a keltec pf9.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Don't like to carry in pocket to slow to draw. PF9 is small enough.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts