Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hell yea bro finally picked up mine as well today, same thing. Cant wait to break it in.:D
How much did u pay if u dont mind me asking? I paid $500 for mine, new at local gun shop, and that was 100 off there normal price.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$499.99 at gander mntn
i figured it was pretty competitive compared to buying online once you figure in the ffl fees and hidden fees etc..
so i jumped on it.
doing the extra gear promo now..
Springfield Armory® Gear Up Promo Site

Hell yea bro finally picked up mine as well today, same thing. Cant wait to break it in.:D
How much did u pay if u dont mind me asking? I paid $500 for mine, new at local gun shop, and that was 100 off there normal price.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Congratz!

·
Registered
224 Posts
$499.99 at gander mntn
i figured it was pretty competitive compared to buying online once you figure in the ffl fees and hidden fees etc..
so i jumped on it.
doing the extra gear promo now..
Springfield Armory® Gear Up Promo Site
Ahh man thats crazy I bought mine from GM as well same price. Took their last one from the display case in perfect condition. I agree on the price since they are normally $600. Guy was telling me they are raiseing most of the prices of ammo though.:mad::sad:
Bought out there 2 last boxes of PDX1 230gr jhp before they raised the price $5.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh yeah, and they also had a 29.99 lifetime warranty where if anything goes wrong you just bring the gun into them and they handle it for you.
(ship it overnite back to springfield for you)

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
oh yeah, and they also had a 29.99 lifetime warranty where if anything goes wrong you just bring the gun into them and they handle it for you.
(ship it overnite back to springfield for you)

Lol.....if your gun breaks and you call springfield, they email you a overnight label......then send it right back to you when its fixed

Sounds like a marketing ploy and a free 30 bucks for them

Congrats on the gun though!

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
figures...lol
i had no idea what springfields policy was so it seemed like a good idea..
too ******* funny..(not really ;))
Oh well....even with the extra 30 bucks, you still got a decent deal....I saw my XD45ctac and had to have it...to the cost of 609....could have looked around and ordered online, but it was too neat looking so I said screw it and paid the full amount

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah, i'm guessing there is still some sort of advantage to GM warranty...
I'll call them tomorrow and if there isn't i will just cancel it.
Oh well....even with the extra 30 bucks, you still got a decent deal....I saw my XD45ctac and had to have it...to the cost of 609....could have looked around and ordered online, but it was too neat looking so I said screw it and paid the full amount

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
yeah, i'm guessing there is still some sort of advantage to GM warranty...
I'll call them tomorrow and if there isn't i will just cancel it.
uh, you can drive over and drop it off?

other than that I don't know what the advantage would be. SA is supposed to be really good CS for repairs

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Actually there is a few big differences..

If something goes wrong with my gun on monday afternoon, its back on its way to springfield that day as opposed to waiting 3-4 days to get the return shipping receipt from springfield.
Also with the GM plan the gun is covered for ANY reason even if i break something as opposed to the springfield warranty "shall
not cover any damage or condition determined by Springfield to be caused by carelessness, negligence, misuse,
normal wear and tear, or failure to properly maintain the product or unauthorized repairs or modifications"

so there is some upside to the GM plan.

plus they take care of boxing and packing it.

uh, you can drive over and drop it off?

other than that I don't know what the advantage would be. SA is supposed to be really good CS for repairs

·
Registered
47 Posts
Congrats on your new 45c, I love mine as well, Crossbreed supertuck is an EXCELLENT holster for concealing this bad boy, its inside the waistband (IWB), has a very FAST and smooth draw, and is by far one of the most comfortable holsters you'll ever wear. I love mine and carry every day with it ;) as far as target ammo goes you can usually get pretty good deals on Winchester White Box 230gr FMJ at Wal-Mart, ive had a few problems with Remington UMC in various calibers so I wouldn't recommend them too much, though the price may be attractive. Have fun and stay safe

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yup, absolutely love it.. and yes, i hit walmart and snagged some 230gr whitebox.
35$ for 100 rds
i was looking at the supertuck or the kingtuk..
actually was leaning towards the kingtuk..
but your right i think thats where its at as far as concealing this bad boy.. the owb is just going to print to much for a small guy..

Congrats on your new 45c, I love mine as well, Crossbreed supertuck is an EXCELLENT holster for concealing this bad boy, its inside the waistband (IWB), has a very FAST and smooth draw, and is by far one of the most comfortable holsters you'll ever wear. I love mine and carry every day with it ;) as far as target ammo goes you can usually get pretty good deals on Winchester White Box 230gr FMJ at Wal-Mart, ive had a few problems with Remington UMC in various calibers so I wouldn't recommend them too much, though the price may be attractive. Have fun and stay safe

1 - 18 of 18 Posts