Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, I had been debating on a glock 43 or glock 26 for ccw when I need something smaller than my glock 19 for ccw. Well my gun dealer had both in and let me try them out with a single clip iwd holster. I could tell a big difference with the 43 vs 26 so I went with the 43 (he had previously quoted me 430 otd for the 43). He also had a used fns 9 with Night sights for 375. I asked how much for both and he said I could get the 2 extra mags for the fns 9 (so total of 5 mags) for 830 otd. THEN he ended up only chargin me 800 otd (on purpose)!!! So I got a new glock 43 and a used (in great condition) .fns 9 with night sights and 5 mags for 800 otd. Doesnt get much better than that!

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
good buy on both of 'em........ and I think you will find the G43 will be an easier concealed carry friend than the 26 would be. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Congrats on a sweet deal! I had a G26 gen 4 that I really liked but I love the G43 more. It's not so chunky but I can really shoot it well and it's easy; plus it carries very well. Mine has been flawless and I think you'll experience the same. I just put Vickers Elite Battlesights on my G43 and I really like them, I recommend them if you're ever looking for a change.

I've been tempted by the FNS 9 a few times they feel really good in the hand. The FNS longslides look sweet too and wish I could shoot one.

Congrats again on a good buy!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats on a sweet deal! I had a G26 gen 4 that I really liked but I love the G43 more. It's not so chunky but I can really shoot it well and it's easy; plus it carries very well. Mine has been flawless and I think you'll experience the same. I just put Vickers Elite Battlesights on my G43 and I really like them, I recommend them if you're ever looking for a change.

I've been tempted by the FNS 9 a few times they feel really good in the hand. The FNS longslides look sweet too and wish I could shoot one.

Congrats again on a good buy!
Ill take a look into those sights! Im definitely not stickin with the stock sights. Although, I am a bit partial to xs big dots. I will let you know how they both shoot.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Great price on two nice pistols OP! That's a deal I'd take if I had the cash. Lucky you!

I still haven't messed with an FNS. They look comfortable at least...
I shot one in 9mm a little bit during "battlefield pickup" drills during my recent Thunder Ranch defensive handgun class and found it to be a comfortable gun to shoot with a better trigger than I'd expected. For the price they sell for I wouldn't mind picking one up at some point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts