Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found a guy on GunBroker.com trying to sell this ammo for $850 plus shipping a few weeks ago. :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
2 Posts
I finally got my SW M&P15 this week and a 28 gun safe, only problem is i am going to have to wait a bit before I can afford to get ammo and an aimpoint for it. Hoping my gf hooks it up for christmas. :D

Are gun shows the best place to get ammo?

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Are gun shows the best place to get ammo?

Sometimes........most of the time the gunshow is just a place to go and look around and meet your friends. Occasionaly you find a deal at the shows, but most of the time you'll do better shopping the 'net. Even with shipping prices you can do better than the prices I seen at the shows.

·
Registered
902 Posts
None. Back when I had guns I simply stayed prepared to club an intruder with the buttstock since ARs are so unreliable and such. :wink:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've got 60 gr. law enforcement. Does that count? :)

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
There is nothing wrong with your selection, but shall we venture a bit farther away?

Depends on the range you are at: 68 to 75gr or so OTM is absolutely devastating at 'frag' ranges but 55gr FMJ M193 can be plenty potent and I'd choose it over 62gr M855 for SD usage simply due to the fact that it tends to fragment quite nicely.

Fun with energy transfer: just for kicks we shot a full 1gal plastic water jug at around 40yds with one round of M193, we found most of the bottom of the bottle (it was on hard ground), but the rest was in tiny bits and never did find the cap. It absolutely exploded. :twisted:

ETA: if I wasn't worried about anything behind the target I'd go .30 cal for more authori-tay.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts