Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just bought a used XD9SC. It needed a little but of clean-up from what appears to have been too much time in someone's sock drawer, but other than that it looks good. I fits in my holster for my XD45 so I don't even need to rush to buy a new one. There was a guy at the dealer who was carrying this gun, said his wife, kid, brother, dog and cat all have one a love it so I am exited. Any accessory tips or any tips for that matter would be great.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Congrats on the new XDSC! The only "accessory" I can recommend is the Pearce grip extensions. They are a new baseplate for the magazines that allow for an extended grip, without sacrificing concealability. The need for it depends on your paw size though. The only other thing you need to do is get ammo, and then some more ammo! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats on the new XDSC! The only "accessory" I can recommend is the Pearce grip extensions. They are a new baseplate for the magazines that allow for an extended grip, without sacrificing concealability. The need for it depends on your paw size though. The only other thing you need to do is get ammo, and then some more ammo! :)

+1 for the pearce grip. It really helps the feel of the gun. Congrats on the new purchase.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Nice pics and great shooting!!! How do you like those big dot sights???

·
Registered
815 Posts
+1 on the bi tone! some ppl just dont like them but thats the only kind i have bought! next will be a 45c bi tone!

·
Registered
160 Posts
While I have a pierce grip extension on all of my mags, I haven't tried on my carry mag. Does it affect concealability in any way? Yes, I know I will have to try it out myself but I keep forgetting, ha.

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
While I have a pierce grip extension on all of my mags, I haven't tried on my carry mag. Does it affect concealability in any way? Yes, I know I will have to try it out myself but I keep forgetting, ha.
IMO it doesn't effect much if at all.

·
Registered
62 Posts
hi gang,
I got the xd 9mm sc Its my main carry, I like it a lot, its a natural pointer.
It still shoots a tad to the left, I moved ( Hammered ) the sight over a lot and don't want to hammer away at it anymore.
I can hit a two inch circle constantly, usually on the left side of the bull.
one day its going to get either a Lasermax, laser, or big dot sights, Just haven't made a decision.
My shooting buddies and I agree that this is a SD gun. Its a natural shooter/pointer. One handed,two handed, underhanded, I don't care, the gun shoots were you point it. I think its cause the frame/handle have a good angle design. my buddy thinks its the blocky frame that causes it.
anyway enjoy it
take care
Jack

·
Registered
111 Posts
Only thing I could recommend is a 40sc mag. Tweak the lips in to hold a 9mm rd. Mine holds 13 in the mag. 13 in the mag and 1 in the chamber, nice rd count IMO.

·
Premium Member
4,842 Posts
Congrats, I have one and love it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am working on the pics but I am glade to see that people are so happy with this gun. I had a XD45 before, and would like to get one again, but this was a great deal. I did buy a mag with grip extensions when I bought the gun

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And a picture, when I get my real camera back I will get some better ones.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts