Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got it for $445 cash with no taxes. I love it already because it looks nice, is comfortable, and i LOVE the trigger. Im shooting it tomorrow, didnt have time today. I know you guys probaly know what XD's look like but i felt like taking pictures so... oh well.

BTW what the hell is that little orange thing? it came in the case but i havent figured out what its purpose is yet...

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
It goes in the dohickey to stop the whatchymacallit for doin ya know.

Actually it goes in the gun where the bullet goes into the barrel, then you slide the slide closed, it lets you know with just a quick glance that the gun is unloaded.

·
Banned
5,098 Posts
Congrats! Nice gun. I've got the XDSC and absolutely love it. I bought it strictly for CCW.

I had the mysterious orange thingy too. It was attached to my gun somehow and I don't remember. I think it was in the slide??? Others will know better I'm sure. I was too excited in getting to play with my new toy and forgot.

Happy shooting!

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
That little orange or pink piece of plastic is to be
inserted in such a manner as to keep your XD from
breeding and reproducing itself. By the way, congrats
on your new machine.

Ed

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hahah! That tends to happen to XD owners, right? The XDs multiply...

I believe the thing is called a barrel flag, and like said above, new guns have it to show that the chamber is empty.

-stunks

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
stunksinatl said:
new guns have it to show that the chamber is empty
At least those marketed by Springfield Armory. While my Black Stainless 1911-A1 and both XDs had them, something similar did not come with either my Sig P220 or my Hi-Power.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Ed Ely said:
That little orange or pink piece of plastic is to be
inserted in such a manner as to keep your XD from
breeding and reproducing itself. By the way, congrats
on your new machine.

Ed
:lol:
Nice Machine!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm pretty sure that every XD that came with the orange thiny was made with a defect and I strongly recommend that you get rid of it as quickly as possible. I'm personally starting the first XD graveyard, and I'll be glad to "bury" your XD with an engraved plate in my gun safe. Just go ahead and PM me and I'll be glad (er sad) to take if off your hands.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
The orange thing is meant to be thrown away as every gun is loaded and an unloaded gun only makes a good doorstop.

:roll:

·
Registered
166 Posts
The orange thing is meant to be thrown away as every gun is loaded and an unloaded gun only makes a good doorstop.

The little orange "thingy" is called a "chamber plug", and while EVERY gun should be treated as if it were loaded, this is a good thing to have as it gives peace of mind to some people as they can see that your gun is unloaded.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts