Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've always ignored the AR platform 'til recently. I bought a Bushmaster MOE and really liked it. I sighted it in for 25/300, and was having no problem popping 300 yard steel plates with it. But I've decided that I want something a bit more. I didn't sell the Bushmaster, I just gave it a friend to play with.

LWCR International M6A2 SPR with Trijicon ACOG 3.5x35 Scope by zulu45, on Flickr

I haven't sighted it in or even fired it, yet. Waiting until I get a chance to sight it in before I shoot it. Going to try and find a brass catcher first.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice AR... What kind of mount is that holding up your ACOG?
It's the standard mount that was attached with it. I'm going to replace it with a QD, though.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Sickest barrel I have ever seen! Nice AR man.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Lust, lust... 5.56?

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Anyone know where I can buy a barrel that is spiral fluted like that, I love it and want one for my colt

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I'm back from the range. I sighted it in at 25/300 yards. Unfortunately, the ACOG's witness marks are in meters and not yards, so I'm going to have to measure out 100 meters and sight it in again, but that's okay. I love the ACOG but I am a bit shocked at the fact that I was hitting 1 foot steel plates every time with my EOTech at 275 yards. I'm used to the crappy red-dot sights with a huge center dot, not this nice one.

Sadly, I have to report that I did have one failure, and it was a big one. A FTE followed by an attempt to chamber the next round. After examination, it appears that the extractor tried to extract the shell, but it seems to have "cut away" part of the rim. I don't know if this can be attributed to a dirty chamber (possible, since I don't have a proper chamber brush yet, and it could probably use a clean with one) or a soft rim on the brass. Either way, it was one out of about 300 rounds, so I'm not worried. I'm willing to bet that it was the chamber being dirty. I'm going to see about getting an OTIS cleaning kit for it.

One really great thing I found out is that the EOTech, when moved over to my Bushmaster, has the exact same zero... just a swap, with no changes, and I was hitting the same plate with the Bushmaster. That'll be nice if I want to switch the optic back and forth between the two guns. The QD mount is really great, something that I'm going to try to get for the ACOG before I start using it as my primary optic.

I wonder if, after I clean it, if it's ready for home defense use. If not, I'll probably use my Bushmaster until then for defense.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
I believe black hole weaponry makes a spiral barrel for a pretty affordable price.
Thanks brother, I will check them out.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
I mean isn't this barrel just sexy as hell. I really want one! I wish LWRC would sell me one. I checked out Black Hole Weaponry, they are priced good but it just doesn't look the same. I am sure they could make it like the Tricon barrel though, I sent them an email so I will find out soon

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I mean isn't this barrel just sexy as hell. I really want one! I wish LWRC would sell me one. I checked out Black Hole Weaponry, they are priced good but it just doesn't look the same. I am sure they could make it like the Tricon barrel though, I sent them an email so I will find out soon

Did you try calling LWRC? They sell replacement parts, so they may be willing to sell a barrel... being that it's not the usual 4150 steel, but something fancy, it may cost you a pretty penny. Considering the rifle is over $2k in the SPR configuration, it's a good chance that the barrel (like the rest) is pricey.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts