Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally picked up a P01 from buds. Got it for $449 shipped which is a decent deal IMO. I am going to carry it is a CBST. Here it is next to my shadow ;)

·
Premium Member
12,086 Posts
Very nice. That's going to be my next handgun purchase, and maybe a model 97BD later to add some .45 flavor to the mix.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice. That's going to be my next handgun purchase, and maybe a model 97BD later to add some .45 flavor to the mix.
THANKS. This pistol is the first one that I can carry in a tighter Tshirt. I was amazed. I cant wait to get my thin aluminum grips for it. The rubber ones are a little to big and I cant reach the mag release. The 97 is BIG pistol. There is no way I could reach the controls on that thing.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
What does EDC stand for? :confused: Yeah, I know it'll be something simple, like extreme deep carry. :neutral:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put about a hundred rounds down range tonight and my first impression of the first shot was VERY soft shooting. I was shooting just 115 gr. range ammo and it was almost .22 like. It makes me disappointed in my shadow custom in terms of muzzle flip. Seriously this pistol is a shooter as well very accurate at 25 yards and I can carry it under a T-shirt in the CBST. It's impressive. At about 20 yards shooting semi fast the front sight never left the target. If anyone has been interested in one of these I suggest you go for it. I bought mine sight unseen and have never fired one before. I was a bit skeptical at first but I'm so glad it worked out for me. Another +1 for CZ.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
I've held those at the shows, felt good in the hand..

Congrats, I hope it works out for you..;)

·
Premium Member
127,275 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
How come we never seem to hear anything about CZ 45's?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The 97 I believe is the only .45 and they are really large. Cz mainly being overseas doesn't market much for the .45. They have barely started with the .40. It has been mentioned before that the CZ line is mainly built around the 9mm and smaller calibers and that's what they work best in. I have only seen a 97 and it was bigger than a 92fs to me.

·
Premium Member
12,086 Posts
Yeah, the model 97B(D) is the only .45. It was designed for the American market and isn't sold much in other places. It's a big pistol, but the ergonomics in the -75 line have been carried over and scaled up a bit. I found it large, but comfortable with nice heft and the usual low bore axis. It's primarily for competition and duty users and as a "nightstand" or open-carry piece where size isn't a factor.

Europe is all about the 9mm, and it's what CZ does best, but they've done fine work with the .40 (PO6 and RAMI) and the .45 as well.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I carried the P01 and an extra mag all day again today. Its NICE. Very comfortable for me. Im going to order some thin aluminum grips from CZ so I get the mag release better and I like the feel of them from my Shadow. One thing that I am amazed by is the felt recoil or the lack of. It seriously feels less than my shadow. I am wondering if its since I can get my hands almost all the way up the frame towards the barrel and get more contact on the gun or if they just shoot that well. It returns to POA fairly quick with a loose grip and a strong grip as well.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts