325 for the Ruger in .223
250 for the Beretta A303 12 gauge
225 for the Winchester 94AE in 357
Pat

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
good day.

where did you get them all at, all at once i suppose?

I want a lever rifle, i gotta finish getting my e-veil black rifles though :cry: . I did get a FAL this week, so i am on my way.

Can i guess you bought them off a buddy in money trouble, or second guess is an estate auction/sale.

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
Wanna sell the SKS and Winchester???You got some great deals but you already know that.

·
Premium Member
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good day.

I want a lever rifle, i gotta finish getting my e-veil black rifles though :cry: . I did get a FAL this week, so i am on my way.

Can i guess you bought them off a buddy in money trouble, or second guess is an estate auction/sale.
A gun dealer bought a large amount of turned in evidence guns from a PD up here and passed the discount on to his customers. I bought them all at once.
Pat

·
Premium Member
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wanna sell the SKS and Winchester???You got some great deals but you already know that.
Sorry no I am a huge Winchester fan and the Sks will be my truck gun.
Pat

·
Premium Member
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good day.

Fal's are cool. Good purchase.
Pat

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
A gun dealer bought a large amount of turned in evidence guns from a PD up here and passed the discount on to his customers. I bought them all at once.
Pat
darnit, didnt think of that one. So some departments sell guns, while other departments in chicago and detroit and oakland etc PAY good money for busted ass old non functioning guns, and make a show of melting them down.

I just assumed evidence guns were either stored forever, or destroyed.

Good that you saved them from the compactor, or some media blitz bonfire of decent guns.

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
Fal's are cool. Good purchase.
Pat

thanks. I might be buying a Galil this week (mail order) and cruise the local gun show and pawn shops for a 7.62x39 ak then i am all ready for the zombies, UN storm troopers etc. (well those and the 22 marlin, 9mm sig. , xd .45 , sks, . 308 mauser)

If no dealer buys them can you keep them. a few years ago, in my town the trash guys had a hunch there was cool junk in an old turn of the century steamer trunk, a big ol sumbiatch ... they brought it back to the depot, there were a dozen long guns in it, a few m1 garands, some bolt guns, they got to keep the long guns! (they told the police) but the police took the hand guns from them. Which sucked cause whom ever died or got evicted or whatever the reason for throwing out the steamer trunk, also had a few lugers, walthers, and like 4-5 colt 1911s. Such a shame.

You ever get good stuff like that, people just turn in guns out of fear etc when their old man dies, or landlord finds them crap like that ?

·
Premium Member
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
darnit, didnt think of that one. So some departments sell guns, while other departments in chicago and detroit and oakland etc PAY good money for busted ass old non functioning guns, and make a show of melting them down.

I just assumed evidence guns were either stored forever, or destroyed.

Good that you saved them from the compactor, or some media blitz bonfire of decent guns.
Not in Alaska nearly all departments here sell them to FFL dealers once the case is closed.
Pat

·
Premium Member
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks. I might be buying a Galil this week (mail order) and cruise the local gun show and pawn shops for a 7.62x39 ak then i am all ready for the zombies, UN storm troopers etc. (well those and the 22 marlin, 9mm sig. , xd .45 , sks, . 308 mauser)

You ever get good stuff like that, people just turn in guns out of fear etc when their old man dies, or landlord finds them crap like that ?
No Alaska is pretty pro gun and I have never had someone turn in a gun out of fear.
Pat

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Holy crap...you made out like a bandit!

That 94 Winny is worth at least twice that, since they don't make it any more. The AE models are not as desirable, but all 94 Winnys are going up, since they ceased production back in about 2000-2002. Dad has that same rifle in 44 mag...nice shooter, but not as reliable a feeder as the ones in 30-30. Still...a nice rifle to have. I have an older Marlin 94 in 357 and the 38/357 is big fun out of a lever gun. No recoil and not noisy at all...my 9 year old daughter loves shooting the thing.

The Chinese Paratrooper SKS should also sell for at least twice what you paid. I see Chinese Paratrooper SKSs around here going for 275-300 bucks. They're not all that common, either.

You did really well....I wish we had police sales like that. The confiscated guns my cop buddies tell me about here are cheapo 32 and 380s and maybe a beater Mossy 12 gauge pump..nothing that nice.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Is that a Ruger M77? With the stainless barrel and the fancy wood, that gun ought to run around $500 at least. Nice snag!

joe

·
Premium Member
30,891 Posts
Not in Alaska nearly all departments here sell them to FFL dealers once the case is closed.
Pat
From a practical standpoint, what happens if there is an appeal that causes the case to be re-opened? The evidence could be gone.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
From a practical standpoint, what happens if there is an appeal that causes the case to be re-opened? The evidence could be gone.
I was thinking the same thing! Like if the person being trialed is called "innocent" but then newer technology will put that person behind bars, but the firearm (or in this case, "weapon") needs to be turned in for evidence...

Just a thought.

Regardless, those are pretty good deals!

Just another thought...

Are the serial numbers for any firearms that were once considered "evidence", wiped clean on paper as far as being tied to a crime? That would suck if down the road another crime is linked to any of the sold evidence firearms, and for some reason you get caught with it...

·
Premium Member
8,572 Posts
SKS's make fantastic "truck guns". Effective and cheap. Don't have to worry about losing an expensive gun if your truck gets broken into.

Sweet. Is that a Norinco Paratrooper?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I was thinking the same thing! Like if the person being trialed is called "innocent" but then newer technology will put that person behind bars, but the firearm (or in this case, "weapon") needs to be turned in for evidence...

Just a thought.

Regardless, those are pretty good deals!

Just another thought...

Are the serial numbers for any firearms that were once considered "evidence", wiped clean on paper as far as being tied to a crime? That would suck if down the road another crime is linked to any of the sold evidence firearms, and for some reason you get caught with it...
Well, if the person was found to be not guilty then double jeopardy prevents them from being tried agian, no matter how conclusive the evidence might be.

However, if someone is found guilty and appeals the case, that's when not having the evidence could come into play...

Definitely a great deal on some awesome firearms though.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Well, if the person was found to be not guilty then double jeopardy prevents them from being tried agian, no matter how conclusive the evidence might be.

However, if someone is found guilty and appeals the case, that's when not having the evidence could come into play...

Definitely a great deal on some awesome firearms though.
You mean kinda like karma kicking OJ in the butt? Although not really found guilty at first and trialed for a different thing! LOL

·
Premium Member
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The guns are not released until the case has been closed and the opportunity for civil suit has passed. So they have been sitting in evidence for a long time.
Pat

1 - 20 of 26 Posts