Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A user on another board is selling a like new aimpoint compM4 for around $600. I know the warranty won't transfer to me. How concerned should I be about that? From their reputation, I doubt it will be an issue for me, but laying out that much dough, you want to be sure.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Retail is $800. He's used it for a couple carbine training courses.

Good to know the general mark-down range, though. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
A used Aimpoint M4 is NOT going to sell for $200-264. rigistrar is delusional.

Things to check are the engraved Aimpoint logos (should be sharply defined and clear, not painted in white), the lenses should have coatings on them (reddish tint on my Comp M4s), the base of the optic is keyed to the top of the mount. Also, the windage and elevation adjustment markings under the protective caps are laser etched. A pic would probably be good to help us ID if it's a counterfeit or not.

Try googling for info on aimpoint counterfeits and check out some posts on m4carbine or arfcom for more info. If you have any other doubts or questions, you can always shoot an email to [email protected] and ask them their opinion. Their site also has a section on ID'ing fakes, though it's more about common sense than info on how to spot fakes.

Good luck on your purchase!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree with GT they hold a good value used, I found mine on another site and paid $400 for the M4. Also I just say this in advance get ready to purchase the 3X magnifier with flip down mount (also watch what mount comes with it) when you purchase your magnifier make sure they line up on the same center line.

·
Registered
321 Posts
used electronics and optics go for about 1/4-1/3rd of retail. so how much is retail? I think the guy is trying to gouge you.
False. High end optics and red dots in god condition sell for 75-90 percent of the street price. Eotech, Aimpoint, Nightforce, USO, etc, etc, even Leupold retain fairly high resale value. Buying used, high end optics is like a zero sum game. Except for the shipping, it's almost like free rent if you take care of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts