Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a big SA fan, and started my gun hobby with a standard 9 mm 4" Service model. When I started to carry, I traded the Service for a .40 SC model, which I carry daily.
Recently I acquired a little Kel-Tec P3AT .380, which was just a really good deal at $220 total locally slightly used. I saw a post on a local gun forum that a guy is looking for a Kel-Tec PF9+cash and he has an original HS2000. I figured I'll give it a shot and threw in a $100 bill on top of my P3AT along with PC monitor and some PC stereo speakers that have been laying around for years - and he accepted
My Kel-tec came with a 50 rd pack of quality JHP,little nylon holster,optional 9 rd mag with box and papers.
HS came with 1 10 rd mag-no box and no papers, but the condition is minty. I guess the original owner polished the barrel. Also came with some ball ammo and a soft holster.

I just bought me an 18 rd mec gear magazine for $26 shipped, and about to go to wally world to get a box of JHP.

So excited, had to share :D Below are some phone pics the trader posted

What are they selling for these days anyway? I haven't seen one in awhile. ***EDIT*** Just found a post on prices lol

Did I do good?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Nice trade..she is sweeeeeet

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Looks real nice, the HS 2000 are usually the same price as a used 4" service $300 - $350. I have two Gen 1s along with Gen 2, and a Gen 3.

You did good on the deal, keeper for sure, and you will love the Mec-Gar mags, that is what I use in my Gen 1 shooter.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
where did you find the 18rd mag for 26 bucks shipped
I get them at local gun shows for $25, no tax or shipping. Agree that is a good price as Midway USA has them for $29.99 plus shipping, but I have seen them on sale there before.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks real nice, the HS 2000 are usually the same price as a used 4" service $300 - $350. I have two Gen 1s along with Gen 2, and a Gen 3.

You did good on the deal, keeper for sure, and you will love the Mec-Gar mags, that is what I use in my Gen 1 shooter.

Your collection is very nice!

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Thanks, here they are in a better order, Left to Right, Gen 1 (no rail), Gen 2 (rail no front serrations), Gen 3 (rail with front and rear serrations). Also below is the Gen 1 that James (http://www.xd-hs2000.com) installed some night sights and I added the Mec Gar 18 rounders (my shooter)

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
The Gen 1 HS2000 is my favorite pistol. The actually cost more now than when they were first sold, although that isn't because of collector's value. HSArms low-balled the price to get people interested. I happened to buy mine one month before they dropped the price.:mad:

Born: October 1999 (earliest date code found so far. Someone else on here has a 10/99 code HS2k as well)
Purchased: May 2000
Dressed up with NP3 finish by Robar: 2004

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^ Good looking gun

Took her to the range today...awesome as expected. The only failure was due to Tula cheap ammo that has hard primers. It never ignited, although striker hit it hard. My accuracy with it is MUCH better than my SC .40 for sure.

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
Thanks, here they are in a better order, Left to Right, Gen 1 (no rail), Gen 2 (rail no front serrations), Gen 3 (rail with front and rear serrations). Also below is the Gen 1 that James (http://www.xd-hs2000.com) installed some night sights and I added the Mec Gar 18 rounders (my shooter)

creek which do you feel is the best from the ones posted?

or your favorite, if it sounds better;)

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Sweet looking Gen 1,2 and 3s..

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
creek which do you feel is the best from the ones posted?

or your favorite, if it sounds better;)
I really like my Gen 1s, no rail and no front slide serrations. I also have a Gen 1 Glock 17, smooth classic old gun. I like the older metal triggers, but other than that nothing different than the current XD 4" service models.

Thanks for all the comments, and yes the Mec-Gar magazines are nice, 18 rounds over 10 any day.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
At least this thread is from this year ... LOL

I'd not turn down a HS2000, regardless of quality !!!

·
Registered
59 Posts

what are the differences between the gen 1 and the xd9's you buy now?

·
Premium Member
5,752 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts