Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting this in this section because I know a few of you use GoPro's to make videos of your matches (well at least I assume they are GoPro's, I know there are other options). I was wondering what video settings you use? I watch some of the videos and they always look more clear than mine do with my GoPro. I have been doing mine in 1080p 30 (I think, I would have to go back and verify that honestly). Any input would be much appreciated. :)

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Depends on how the camera is mounted. If its in a stationary position. Say a time lapse of something. You can record in 4K for the most high def possible. If mounted on a helmet or car or something like that with lots of vibration and shaking go with 1080p.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I should have stated I do a head mount for it. Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
It probably depends on the gopro itself as well (providing they are gopros). I have a hero3 white edition that I thought looked crystal clear during play back. My roommate got the hero4 black edition and his makes mine look like standard definition compared to his. just a thought though

·
Registered
20 Posts
Using a GP3 Black mounted to my hat. 1080 60fps medium crop

·
Registered
45 Posts
Lighting makes a huge difference. The more light the better the image, to a point. The quality of light will probably be out of your control, but something to consider if comparing two videos. For example, lighting at an indoor range may not provide as good a picture as lighting at an outdoor range. The quality of your results will vary depending on the light you are dealing with when shooting. This is simplified, but you get the point...I hope.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I am posting this in this section because I know a few of you use GoPro's to make videos of your matches (well at least I assume they are GoPro's, I know there are other options). I was wondering what video settings you use? I watch some of the videos and they always look more clear than mine do with my GoPro. I have been doing mine in 1080p 30 (I think, I would have to go back and verify that honestly). Any input would be much appreciated. :)
I think you need to bump it to 60fps which would make the video seem "clearer" as there are more frames. I believe doing that would also make the video a little bit more fish eye for some reason. My GoPro Hero4 Session looks different when I switch from 30fps to 60fps.

Another benefit of 60fps is that you can slow down your video to 30fps to get cool slow-mo shots without it looking jittery.

4k is great but it's just too hefty to manage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts