Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jan 1 2015 is coming and we here in the people's republic of commiefornia won't be able to buy a new XDs anymore.

They were not on the california roster of approved and safe guns (yeah I know) but, we were getting them via a SSE (single shot exemption) but that law has changed and we are out of luck.

I'm going to miss seeing the XDs in the racks. Well, LEOs can still buy them. Then, there's the used market but that isn't the same as a new one.

Wonderful state, eh?

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
anyone who willingly lives in New York, California, Illinois or Connecticut really need their heads examined... sorry OP, I value the Constitution as written and could not willfully suspend my God Given Rights because of nitwits on a powertrip

Reactions: newxder50

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone who willingly lives in New York, California, Illinois or Connecticut really need their heads examined... sorry OP, I value the Constitution as written and could not willfully suspend my God Given Rights because of nitwits on a powertrip

I can't disagree with you. I just can't get out of here for 11 more months. After that, me and my tax dollars are gone.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm in nys and in the same boat. Wanting to leave badly. Waiting for the ability.

·
Registered
265 Posts
California is very beautiful and geographically diverse state. However it has become a pathetic waste land destroyed by the left. I'm amazed that most populated state can't come up with anybody better than Jerry Brown. I know there are lots of good people trapped there, I feel for them.

·
Registered
265 Posts
They don't tell you you have to live there. I lived in NJ and escaped.
Your are right," trapped" is too strong. I have some work mates in the San Joaquin valley who want to transfer to other states but are unable to at this time. They really just need to pull the plug and get out. Being in AZ, we get lots of people from CA who are fed up. My concern is some of them bring their CA politcs.

I'd like to cut CA away and push it out in the Pacific. There they can create their Utopia.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I lived in miserable anti-gun/high tax/horrible winters RI to Florida. Best thing I ever did. Screw the liberals.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Such an easy statement to make by somebody who does not live there.

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
Such an easy statement to make by somebody who does not live there.
Agreed. I was stuck there for a long time due to family commitments. When we had fulfilled the promises made to my in-laws, we left after their passings.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Darn shame what they've done to a beautiful state. Daughter and S-I-L stuck it out for 20+ years in N. CA, finally worked themselves to where they could retire soon in the free state of SC. They're loving their new digs and with him a former marine, he's getting acquainted with all that goes with it. Tried to get them here in AZ but they preferred a cooler, though more humid climate.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Jan 1 2015 is coming and we here in the people's republic of commiefornia won't be able to buy a new XDs anymore.

They were not on the california roster of approved and safe guns (yeah I know) but, we were getting them via a SSE (single shot exemption) but that law has changed and we are out of luck.

I'm going to miss seeing the XDs in the racks. Well, LEOs can still buy them. Then, there's the used market but that isn't the same as a new one.

Wonderful state, eh?

Gotta ask, why do you still live there?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
They don't tell you you have to live there. I lived in NJ and escaped.

Ah, good ole NJ...took a trip that wound right through there this past summer and I was stunned to see a sign that if you are caught allowing your car to idle for more than three minutes you would get a fine starting at $250 and you can't pump your own gas there!?! Regulators at their best...strain at an insignificant gnat while the real camel-sized problems pass right by unnoticed.

·
Registered
264 Posts
strain at an insignificant gnat while the real camel-sized problems pass right by unnoticed
a.k.a., "chasing butterflies while the elephants trample you to death".

OP, sorry to hear about your impending situation. Roster of Approved and Safe Guns ... scary!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
What aspects of the XD-S does Cali not like? curious.
I guess, as a Texas CHL holder, I cant cc in Cali.
No magazine disconnect for one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you do get a chance to leave California, we would welcome you in Texas. Always need more people of the Gun.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts