Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my xd gear holster wasn't getting any use so i decided to put it in my truck here's a pic (so everyone will know that it did happen)lol

·
Registered
245 Posts
nice! been thinking about something like that. but it gets more complicated if a non-ccw holder is in the vehicle with me, at least in AZ it does

·
Registered
395 Posts
looks like I found a good use for my XD gear holster....That I haven't used in 4 years

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
What did you attach it with? Screws or bolts

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
pretty nice set up, here in florida if i wanted to do that i need the holster to have a thumb strap or something. so its "securely encased"
i zip tied the holster and mag holster to my desk chair.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Great idea dude. Too bad I sold mine many moons ago.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Not to bring down the thread but those interior panels directly in front of your knees are designed to absorb an impact(with the knees) in an accident.

Just FYI:)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Thought of doing that in my Impala. I can't carry and drive in comfort. In NY you can carry a loaded handgun in a vehicle, but not a long gun.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I love how the barrel is pointed right at your foot when it's on the gas pedal. ;)
meh i never heard of an xd having an AD so i figure i'm safe lol :D

·
Registered
855 Posts
Great idea. I believe in Ohio with a CCW permit the gun has to be secured in some form, including in a holster on your person as an option. Not sure about mounting a holster like that here, but I like the idea.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I thought about mounting my XD Gear holster somewhere in my truck, but I couldn't find anyplace that I thought I could drill a hole without f'n up the plastic interior. Fortunately the pocket in my drivers side door is the perfect width and length to hold it secure in a safe and retrievable position.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Would not work in Ohio. Gun must be in a holster on your person, or in a case or container that has a lid/latch/closing mechanism. And that is only with a CCW.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the bullet proof flip-flops you were wearing in that picture must also ease your mind:mrgreen:
yup i got those old navy level III-A bullet proof flip flops ftw :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts