Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i applied for my CHL on Sept 22nd, and ordered a Supertuck Oct 9th. Both were in the mailbox when i got home from work. so i did my victory dance,informed all of you and now i guess its time to see what all the fuss is about this holster. then.............i dunno?

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
All I can say is that you will love your supertuck. Stay safe

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
Well now all you need to do is go to Wal-mart, to make it official.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wal-mart! yeah i have heard that before, will do. well i have adjusted the supertuck to my liking and i'm carrying it around the house. feels great! amazing how comfy it is, i can see the time coming when i won't even realize it's there. i do need a good belt though. i only have one, and it seems a little weak for the task. thanks for the previous advice, think i am really going to enjoy having the supertuck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i applied for my CHL on Sept 22nd, and ordered a Supertuck Oct 9th. Both were in the mailbox when i got home from work. so i did my victory dance,informed all of you and now i guess its time to see what all the fuss is about this holster. then.............i dunno?
That is definitely sone great timing. Where in WA do you live? I also just got my CPL in the mail. I applied on 9/30 and mine showed up in the mail today. I'm in Bellevue, WA. I still need to find a holster.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm in seattle. i cross the lake to shoot at Wades every now and then. it's a little early for me to give you the thumbs up on the crossbreed, but most people on here who have one really seem to like it. they sure convinced me to get one. but ill let you know when mine gets the official itsthescizzy stamp of approval. so far i don't think it will take too long.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Very nice. Congrats

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Congrats...Hopefully you waited until you were inside your house before the victory dance...:lol:

·
Registered
188 Posts
You're going to love it. I ordered mine before he offered the "combat" version that is trimmed down a bit. If you live where it gets even remotely warm, you're going to want to trim the leather down a bit. Takes a box cutter and several shallow cuts as opposed to trying in one herculean effort. Sandpaper smooths it out.

Enjoy your Crossbreed.

·
Premium Member
8,922 Posts
I love mine. Congrats on your presents!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
i'm in seattle. i cross the lake to shoot at Wades every now and then. it's a little early for me to give you the thumbs up on the crossbreed, but most people on here who have one really seem to like it. they sure convinced me to get one. but ill let you know when mine gets the official itsthescizzy stamp of approval. so far i don't think it will take too long.

Thats actually where I shoot. Let me know how you like the supertuck. Might be a strange question, but what's your height and weight? I'm trying to decide if the supertuck will fi tme well. I'm only 5'7" 150lbs. And it seems as though the leather backing is quite large.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i am about the same size as you TiAgM3. 5' 8" 160. the rig fits really well. i thought it was going to be really big too. but it adjusted well. its getting the gun, xd .45 service, to sit right. the grip on it is really big, so i had to adjust the cant forward to get the grip has vertical as possible to fit me just right. i am a t-shirt guy and could get away with wearing one. but i normally wear an undershirt, and that helps it from not printing w/ most movements and positions. i think they have a two week try it and see if you like it, kinda thing too. your 9sc should be easier to hide, let us all know what you decide.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i am about the same size as you TiAgM3. 5' 8" 160. the rig fits really well. i thought it was going to be really big too. but it adjusted well. its getting the gun, xd .45 service, to sit right. the grip on it is really big, so i had to adjust the cant forward to get the grip has vertical as possible to fit me just right. i am a t-shirt guy and could get away with wearing one. but i normally wear an undershirt, and that helps it from not printing w/ most movements and positions. i think they have a two week try it and see if you like it, kinda thing too. your 9sc should be easier to hide, let us all know what you decide.
Well, it sounds like the holster isn't too big, which is good. I actually ended up ordering a D.M Bullard Dual Carry. D.M. Bullard Leather Mfg. "Dual Carry" for Spingfield XD 3" Sub-Compact not as popular as the supertuck but i've yet to hear a poor review of it. I like that it can be worn OWB or IWB. I'll update when I recieve it. It looks like one of the holsters that is stocked so it should arrive shortly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts