Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thought some of you might be interested.

Our own beloved Ichy_Trigger scored top shooter in last night's local match.

I placed a disappointing 16th of 31 shooters. Guess I should get back to practicing and shooting more often. I used to have no problem being in the top 10. Guess it's true, shooting truly is a perishable skill.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Thanks Tony...
I shoot a Sig 229, my avatar is a pic of it. Lastnight I shot my special computerized "A zone" homing bullets. Now if I can just get them to work that well at the Area 5 match this coming weekend!

·
Registered
113 Posts
ichy_trigger,

Good shooting-I'll be shooting Area 5 Friday and working the match Sat/Sun.

I'll be with the other wheelgunners-you know-the ones having fun :lol:

See you there,

Dave

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I will be there friday afternoon checking out the stages, look for the short bald guy.

·
Registered
256 Posts
When I started shooting IDPA I was middle of the pack 15 out of 30 people. I shot a PA 64 and a Star BM 9mm, then I got my 45 XD tactical. I now shoot top 5 with 2 second place shoots. I credit the XD, it's pure shooting magic!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Eh, not quite - I was at the same match, shot my 40 tactical, got 27/31 overall.

But then again, it was my first time shooting any sort of competition whatsoever, and I count it a victory since I didn't get last place :)

Note to self: tinted glasses are a bad idea for indoor shooting.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi phil.

I think you were leaving just as I got there. Did you have fun?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Definitely had a ton of fun.

Now that I got the first-time jitters out of the way, and wiley-x interchangeable lens glasses en route, I think next time will be much better :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts