Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone guide me to a place to get decent brass ammunition in bulk for a cheaper price?
Also is it bad to use reloads? How about remanufactured?

(BTW the bulk ammo I am trying to buy is for the range and not for self defense)

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
SGammo and Target Sports USA usually have decent prices on bulk ammo. Target Sports USA always has free shipping on a case. SGammo charges about $14-$16 for shipping, but the price is a bit lower, so they even out.

Depending on what caliber you are buying, Freedom Munitions may beat both of those, but not by much.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I buy from Freedom Munitions. They have free shipping deals all the time.
They sell new and reloads. I haven't had any issues with the reloads I've purchased.

Their reloads use "copper plated" vs "copper jacket" bullets.
Some folks claim that the plated bullets are not as good or don't produce as tight a group.
For me, and my friends that use them, they work just fine.

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
ditto on Freedom Munitions. Watch for their free or discounted shipping deals. My .380 doesn't like their reman, but it is pretty picky on ammo in general. Otherwise, I have a few thousand rounds of theirs in 9mm, .40, .223/5.56 with zero failures of any sort.

Also PMC is decent if you can catch them on sale someplace.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I buy from Freedom Munitions. They have free shipping deals all the time.
They sell new and reloads. I haven't had any issues with the reloads I've purchased.

Their reloads use "copper plated" vs "copper jacket" bullets.
Some folks claim that the plated bullets are not as good or don't produce as tight a group.
They aren't claims, they are fact. Plated bullets are inferior to quality match JHP and at subsonic velocities in 38 special/45 ACP, swaged LSWCs.

If you are plinking or don't use match pistols, you probably don't care.
Personally, Federal Champion 230gr is decent, not prohibitively expensive, although not terrific accuracy.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I buy mostly reloads (re-manufactured) for the range. I'll buy new ammo if I'm getting a good deal.
I've purchased 9mm and .45 and never had any issues.
I have several friends who also buy from Freedom and they continue to buy so I presume they're happy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts