Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to walmart last night and the cheapest they had for .380 auto ammo was $12.00 a box.

Anybody know of a place that sells good hp .380 ammo online? Just bought a bersa .380 and want to try her out. But I like buying larger quantities in case I'm invaded I like to have a big stash on hand. :wink:

Ammoman doesn't carry hp in .380 otherwise I'd go thru him.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
The subject line is .389 ammo, make up your mind about what you want to talk about, .389 or .380 :lol: .

Just razzin ya

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
While I don't see a big reason to keep a large quantity of 380 defensive ammo on hand, that may be your taste. In a SHTF situation I imagine you to be in the house and people invading or something, you may want something that will punch through walls and doors, in that case FMJ is going to suit you better.

Honestly, I'd rather have a hotter FMJ cartridge versus a cheaper hollow point. All of the commercial HPs I've found with the exception of Ranger-Ts are in the low 900 fps range while Wolf hit a tad over 1000fps out of my Bersa.

I've went through a couple cases of Wolf without any malfunctions. At $129 a case for FMJ wolf, you cannot beat it versus $10/box commercial.

Cheaperthandirt.com has all you want for $5.99 shipping. Their 20-25 per box range from about $8-10 per.

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah my bad, .380 not .389.

Maybe I'll try wolf. I got it so my wife could shoot just in case I'm not home.

She's kind of anti gun but realized we had somebody that tried to break into our house during the day this summer. If they are going to break in during the day what will they do at night. So I want her to be able to shoot it and have some defensive rounds for it.

But some fmj would be great to practice with. Maybe I'll try the wolf. I've never shot them before.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
They do sell WWB at walmart in 100 round packs and it seems to be pretty decent ammo, I forget the price of it though.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I use FMJ for my P3AT, also. I've read a few convincing articles that say penetration is more important than expansion with a lower-powered cartridge like the .380.

I usually shoot Speer Lawman as it's proven to be dependable in my pistol. Magsafe (oops, meant Magtech) is another one I've used without any problems. I was planning on trying out the wolf stuff, too.[/url]

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
The whitebox 380 has a flat nose, so flat its practically got an edge on it, not like a truncated cone. I've had feeding issues with it. Any other round that has a traditional round nose design has yet to malfunction.

Whitebox 100 round value packs of 380 are 17.96 I believe.

·
Registered
201 Posts
the cheapest place to buy .380 ammo is sportsmansguide.com pmc 50rd/box for six and some change and cheaper if you're in the buyer's club, for defiensive ammo, you should try the corbon rounds, their velocity is amazing and expansion of the hp is quite effective in stopping a bg, I'm not sure if they make them, but if you can find cor bon dpx, that's the way to go if not pow'rball for the bersa, my wife has one, she has mag tec in it right now, but the norm is corbon pow'r ball mainly because the barrel is fixed and the pow'rbalkl is design for smooth feeding in those and all type guns becuase of the FMJ shape of the slug

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
By the time you pay shipping, you aren't going to really get it cheaper than ammoman unless you buy it in person (then have to pay tax). At 910fps for the PMC, that's not exactly a hot load

·
Premium Member
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I think I might go with ammoman. That will give me plenty of plinking ammo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts