Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got a Crossbreed Supertuck for IWB, and its great. But I figured it'd be nice to get a good OWB holster, for when wearing a jacket and such. Or even around the apartment and such. It just might be easier to carry that way sometime.

I was eyeing this one: XDPistols.com: Don Hume Double 9 OT Holster, H721OT, J336326R, Black

And it looks good, plus it isnt expensive. But I'm sorta lookin for something the g/f can pick up for a Christmas gift. Since she was going to pay for my CWP, but I beat her to it, lol.

I searched around but didnt find a whole lot on OWB holsters that helped. So I figured a new post on a specific one would help.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've been carrying the compact 45 in this holster for well over a year. I am completely satisfied. I have several other holsters for the XD45 compact that are seldom to never used....all of them cost more. I wish I'd bought the DH 721 OT first. I'd have saved some money.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
What about the Crossbreed Snapslide OWB holster?

·
Premium Member
5,365 Posts
I love the Blackhawk CQC SERPA, it comes with both a paddle and a belt mount as well. It has the locking mechanism. You know your XD in secure. Also you can change the angle on the holster.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I really really really want the Don Hume Open Top.

A Serpa would be nice, but I don't open carry and I think it would be a bit bulky under clothes/jacket.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i would get the serpa if i open carried too, but i dont, i use a comp-tac FBI paddle holster. and it is sweet. comes with candy too:D

·
Registered
184 Posts
I bought the 721 OT a few weeks back when I got my compact from PistolGear. I think it's a great holster and you can't beat the price. I don't find IWB carry all that comfortable, so for me a OWB holster is the way to go. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat for my next XD (most likely a sub-compact 9mm).

·
Registered
266 Posts
OWB I use Galco Fletch. It has a retention flap that snaps as well as ride high with forward cant. Really comfortable to wear. I very rarely use it though since I got a Tennessee Gun Works IWB because it is so comfortable.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I love the Blackhawk CQC SERPA, it comes with both a paddle and a belt mount as well. It has the locking mechanism. You know your XD in secure. Also you can change the angle on the holster.
+100 on this, I love mine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
bignick,

That is the holster I carry my xd45 service in and it is a great holster for me. In AZ we are able to open carry, so I do take advantage of that oportunity in most cases. I figure I might as well carry open since it is totally legal in AZ. I have never had any issues with this holter to date and retains my handgun very securly without any worries for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got a Crossbreed Supertuck for IWB, I was eyeing this one: XDPistols.com: Don Hume Double 9 OT Holster, H721OT, J336326R, Blackquote]

I just got this holster last Friday. It's very well made and very comfortable for my XD 45 Service model. I also had a hard time finding a holster I liked. I will checkout the Blackhawk also.

Cost was only $36 compared to $70 plus for some of my other handguns. The only thing different in quality was that the leather is definately thinner - but it still looks like a great holster. I've carried in it all weekend and it is very comfortable.

I think this is my first post here as I am a new XD owner. Really like the .45 and glad find the forum!

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I've got a Crossbreed Supertuck for IWB, I was eyeing this one: XDPistols.com: Don Hume Double 9 OT Holster, H721OT, J336326R, Blackquote]

I just got this holster last Friday. It's very well made and very comfortable for my XD 45 Service model. I also had a hard time finding a holster I liked. I will checkout the Blackhawk also.

Cost was only $36 compared to $70 plus for some of my other handguns. The only thing different in quality was that the leather is definately thinner - but it still looks like a great holster. I've carried in it all weekend and it is very comfortable.

I think this is my first post here as I am a new XD owner. Really like the .45 and glad find the forum!
Congrats on the New XD45, I think that you are going to LOVE it. Welcome to the XD world and a Warm welcome to the forum. There is a lot of really great people here and a wealth of info. Draw what you need and give what you can. Donxd40

·
Registered
61 Posts
I did a lot of searching and testing before I came up with a holster that had all the qualities I was looking for. Light,reasonable price and holds tight & close to my side. I bought the Galco Matrix 7X. Excellent carry holster & I almost forget I have it on.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Agreed. I don't have the locking model, but I like the design.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Blackhawk makes a SERPA (triggerguard lock) and non-Serpa model. They also make a Sportster SERPA. I primarily carry in my supertuck, but will on occation carry in by Sportser SERPA. I have had many different leather holsters and kydex holsters. I have settled on the SERPA and Supertuck as, for me, the best. JMHO.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts