Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good news: I paid off the layaway on my XD9 Tac yesterday, so now begins the 10 day waiting period. I'm trying to figure when there will be time to take to the range before Christmas. WHEN, not IF there will be time. :)

Bad news: while I was there a guy was talking to a salesman behind the counter about buying an XD, but he couldn't decide if he should get a 9 or a 40. I piped up and said, "I've heard that if you have a 40, you can swap barrels to use 9mm." The salesman said, "Not true." So all you barrel-swappers out there--you can't do it. Sorry to be the one to tell you. Don't try to confuse me with facts though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
That Salesman is not very knowledgeable about his product.
What store are you buying from ? I’m in OC as
well..

·
Registered
237 Posts
ok well the salesman isnt all-knowing... hes right about not being able to swap the stock barrels....BUT you can buy an aftermarket EFK 9mm barrel that is made to work in the 40....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Brian. This was at Turner's in Signal Hill. He qualified his statement a little by saying there's guys that will custom make barrels that allow it, but he still poh-poohed the idea.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Dan...the sales guy is an idiot. There are at least two reputable conversion barrel manufacturers out there for the XD right now (Bar-Sto and EFK). Search the forums and you should find plenty of information on the subject.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know the barrels can be swapped. I perused the forums here for several weeks, looking at the many different issues that you guys have all discussed (rust, caliber wars, cracked lock blocks, DGR's, favorite ammos, etc.), before putting an XD9 Tac on layaway. I thought it was funny that this gun salesman was convinced it wasn't a viable idea, while I, the first time XD buyer, had seen evidence to the contrary. I questioned him further about it and he said SA didn't recomment it and he was going to believe SA over Joe Gunsmith. I can understand the point from a liability issue, I guess, but I was still amused. My post about bad news was meant to be tongue incheek. That's the kind of guy I am.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dan M.

i like your choice on the xd9tac... that's the xd i went with too. 150 rds so far and i love it, outfitted it with a surefire x200a

"don't confuse me with the facts"?... if they were facts, wouldn't you want to know?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
["don't confuse me with the facts"?... if they were facts, wouldn't you want to know?[/quote]

Heh-heh. Only as long as I'm not confused. :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts