Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had shot Glocks and loved the way they shot, but not the way they fit my hand or the way they looked. The first time I held an XD I fell in love with the "feel" and the looks of the gun. My only problem was that I knew of Glocks great reputation and I had actually shot several. It became evident that I was not going to be able to actually shoot an XD, I would have to just buy one on faith. This forum helped me do just that. The day I bought my XD-40 I went straight to my friends caliche pit to see if it would go bang everytime I pulled the trigger. The very first clip bonded me to the pistol. I not only love shooting this pistol, I will trust my life to it. Thank you all for helping me make a great gun purchase.
Only problem with you guys and gals........now I "have to" have a crossbreed holster, a basic trigger job, tritium night sights, and a closet full of ammo!
P.S. I just had elbow surgery and this forum and a few pain pills have been great for my recovery. BTW I always just refer to my guns by their first name. This one is "my 40".

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

·
Premium Member
127,768 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Las Vegas. Congratulations on your new XD.

XD's are fine guns and you'll love your crossbreed supertuck. I carry with the supertuck. It is so comfortable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

·
Registered
4 Posts
:D
I was almost the same way. I had forever shot revolvers but decided to get an anto. Oh, I had had autos in the past but I guess never the right one. Either they didn't fit my hand or made too much noise for my old ears.
I will probably have to buy another since the wife likes the way mine handles, hers will be black. I want to keep them seperate since mine is OD green. :lol:
Happy to have the XD and the forum. Thanks guys (and Gals).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts