Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for my first 9mm handgun. I dont have alot of money to spend but i want something good. I looked into the S&W sigma (on sale for $299) but i really don't like the trigger pull. Any help would be a great help.

·
Premium Member
127,272 Posts
Springfield Armory XD9. A little more money, but definitely worth it.

·
Registered
29,621 Posts
In the $300 range?

Look for a Ruger P-series; new, usually around $289, used $225 or less.

For around $350, you should be able to find a used Glock 17 (usually a police trade in--finish will be rough, but fine mechanically).

The EAA Witness is usually around $300.

There's lots of Gen3 S&W pistols (5906, 6906, etc) out there for under $300.

These would all be pistols I'd look at for the $300-400 range.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Look for a used gen 2 glock 19. Great pistol, perfect size. You could probably find one for 350-400. It's well worth the extra 50-75 bucks over a sigma.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I want a pf9 just can't find any instock. :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are saying the Sigma is a good gun? WTF?
The only thing i didn't like about the Sigma was the trigger pull, that has been the only complant about the gun. I am very happy with the m7p sport ar-15 that everyone said was not worth buying. if there was a way to fix the trigger pull of the sigma i would buy one.

thanks for all the info.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
You know how all the glockster say that the XD is a glock copy. Well the only real glock copy is the simga, so close that glock sued s&w.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I am in the market for my first 9mm handgun. I dont have alot of money to spend but i want something good. I looked into the S&W sigma (on sale for $299) but i really don't like the trigger pull. Any help would be a great help.

A used Glock 19 would be what I recommend. check out backpage.com, usually you can find them between $350-$400.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I want a pf9 just can't find any instock. :(

I'm having the same problem!! I'm looking for a pocket carry, and want to see what the PF9 is like over the Ruger LCP, Taurus TCP, and Kahr CM9. I don't want to buy one, till I know what the PF9 feels like...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Just keep saving.
This I agree with. As Cuda mentioned you can get a few decent guns for around $300, but you would probably be happier if you saved another hundred or two and bought something you really want. At least I know I would.

$500 can get you a new G19, a XD, or a M&P. All are fine pistols.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I'm having the same problem!! I'm looking for a pocket carry, and want to see what the PF9 is like over the Ruger LCP, Taurus TCP, and Kahr CM9. I don't want to buy one, till I know what the PF9 feels like...
The one local gun shop here has a pf9 and a p11 I like the feel of the pf9 over the p11 and the taurus 709. Only thing with the local shop is they wan 400+ for the pf9.:shock:

·
Premium Member
12,086 Posts
They can be tough to find if the stores are between shipments, but the Sig P-6 Euro police trade-in's are always a good bet.

·
Banned
88 Posts
The one local gun shop here has a pf9 and a p11 I like the feel of the pf9 over the p11 and the taurus 709. Only thing with the local shop is they wan 400+ for the pf9.:shock:

Lots of websites with them for around 250.00

1 - 20 of 55 Posts