Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got into USPSA, and I had a lot of trouble with my usual Uncle Mike's holster, specifically problems with sweeping myself getting the snap back on. Can anyone recommend a good holster for competition wear? My limit for this is around 50 bucks.

·
Registered
688 Posts
The BladeTech DOH is far and away the most popular Production holster around.

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
My husband uses the Bladetech DOH. They are 67.95 plus shipping with a little bit of a wait to get it (it was a couple weeks). It is nice because it has an adjustable cant.

This is what I use:

Mach 2 Tactical LLC. - Springfield

It was $45 plus shipping and I put the drop and offset of 1.5 inches in the notes and he did it without any extra charge. I got it in the mail in 5 days. It has no cant but it works nicely.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Until I scrape together the cash (college student, and LSU hasn't paid me in the last six weeks of working for them), would the XDGear holster be fine for my next match? Cabela's is right down the road from the range so I'd probably pick up a holster there after the match.

·
Premium Member
127,068 Posts
I use the Blade Tech SRB ($62.95) for IDPA/USPSA. It works well for me.

·
Premium Member
127,068 Posts
Until I scrape together the cash (college student, and LSU hasn't paid me in the last six weeks of working for them), would the XDGear holster be fine for my next match? Cabela's is right down the road from the range so I'd probably pick up a holster there after the match.

Absolutely! That's what I started with.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot guys, I just filled out my USPSA membership, and I'll look into a better holster, maybe a few other odds and ends. But with duck season sneaking up on me, I'll have to be conservative on the pistol parts because I'll be in the marsh every day I can, and it racks up a cost.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought my xd 2 weeks ago and have shot one match so far. There are better holsters out there and I will eventually replace mine. I had been using a Uncle Mikes paddel holster with my SW 59 and it was ok but I am looking for something better this time. It will probably be one of the Blade Tech.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the UM because i would be getting in and out of deer stands with it, wanted something that could get knocked around and wouldn't expose the gun- hence no carrying of the kydex stock holster around. I'm singing a different tune for competition, though. I'm actually going to get a leg rig for my backpacking trip to Montana that I'll eventually take, but that's on the back burner until payroll gets caught up with me after three pay periods.

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
What kind of XD is it (if you don't mind me asking)?

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Righty or Lefty? Hubby says we can check the holster collection for you.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Looks like Pistol Gear has the Blade Tech belt holster, and the Safariland paddle holster in stock...both in your budget range.
If you gonna shoot USPSA and IDPA, don't get the Blade Tech DOH - it is not legal for IDPA.
PISTOLGEAR | XD HOLSTER, MAGAZINES AND MORE

·
Registered
271 Posts
+1 i use Blade Tech love it!

·
Registered
609 Posts
A friend of mine is using the Safariland 5187 with some success. Cost is about $30-35.

But if you want a holster that is going to be ideal, you need to up your budget. I highly recommend the Blade-Tech Stingray model ($65). I use it for both IDPA and USPSA, and it is fantastic. I especially like that I can put the SR Drop&Offset attachment ($16) on it when shooting USPSA Production division (but not IDPA since it is illegal there).

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Way it looks is I'll have the UM holster for whatever, a Cabela's thigh rig for hunting and hiking, and the blade-tech for competitions. Thanks fellas.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts