Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3rd Gen Glock 23 that I really like. But I have always wanted to get a G22. I found a guy who is wanting to trade his 22 for a 23. His is a 3rd Gen with 350 rounds down the pipe, meprolight night sites, and 3 mags (2-15 rounders and 1-10). My glock has about 750 rounds through, factory sites, and 6-13 rounders. Would those of you who like glocks consider this a good deal? I rarely carry the 23 so the step up in size really wouldn't bother me.

And please, if you don't like glocks, just move on without making a snide comment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have both the G22 and 23.. I couldn't part with either one of them, but if you ask me.. sounds like a good deal except you need to trade him the same amount of mags he is offering you... just sell the rest of them or keep them... just my opinion. I wouldn't really be interested in a 10 round mag, but I'd trade him evenly high cap mag for high cap mag. That's just me though.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You think the same number of mags even though his has the night sites and a lower round count? Those are about $70-75 sites.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I think it sounds about like an even deal. He gets extra mags but you get night sites (which is sweet). Correct me if I'm wrong, but 22 mags would work on a 23 but 23 mags would not work on a 22?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. I actually prefer the 22 to the 23, so it would be a no-brainer for me. As for the differences: 1) mags for glocks are cheap...no big deal; 2) you get a nice set of Mepro NS instead of the crappy factory Glock sites; 3) you get a pistol with fewer rounds down the tube. While there may be a slight price difference with the addt'l hi-cap mags you have with your pistol...I think that they balance out the NS and other issues well.

GO FOR IT!! :)

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I changed my mind on the deal. Just didn't feel right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts