Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i was tooling around in a pawn shop looking for a good deal and i came across a h&k usp .40 fullsize for $500. the bluing looks pretty worn and i swore i saw a note suggesting an aftermarket barrel. its 10 years old so im thinking its possible the owner could have shot the bore out of the original (if its possible). i didnt ask to examine the internals as i was just browsing. so im wondering if this is a decent price for the condition or if i should try to low ball them. also, if this sends up any red flags with any of you hk savvy folks id like to hear about it, possibility of internal failure if it already has a high round count? any negetive reviews on any aftermarket barrels for this weapon?
any comments and help is appreciated

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
hey guys, i was tooling around in a pawn shop looking for a good deal and i came across a h&k usp .40 fullsize for $500. the bluing looks pretty worn and i swore i saw a note suggesting an aftermarket barrel. its 10 years old so im thinking its possible the owner could have shot the bore out of the original (if its possible). i didnt ask to examine the internals as i was just browsing. so im wondering if this is a decent price for the condition or if i should try to low ball them. also, if this sends up any red flags with any of you hk savvy folks id like to hear about it, possibility of internal failure if it already has a high round count? any negetive reviews on any aftermarket barrels for this weapon?

A buddy just bought that exact gun with a total of 3 boxes of ammo fired from it. It is pretty much new and he bought it for $425.00.

Even if I had the money and I wanted that gun I would not pay that for the condition it is in. JMO....

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I got a NIB 40 full size Custom Combat FDE several years ago for $600, you can probobly do better.

Ok I just checked Gunbroker and there ARE a few for under $500 but not many. Go check that gun out on the inside and take a PISTOL gun friend with you.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Don't forget to pick the trigger/safety you want, the USP comes in every variant you could want.
I think mine is called Variant 1, it's DA/SA, safety and de-cocker. I can put the safety on and still rack the slide. I can rely on the safety like a 1911 or leave it off and just rely on the long DA pull like a Sig.

·
Registered
92 Posts
considering sales tax must be paid, i wouldnt do it.
http://www.summitgunbroker.com has them on sale for i think 435 right now. I think he charges under 20 bucks shipping. Then FFL transfer.

should come in well under 500

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Robinson Trading Post also has this same gun in 9mm for about 550. They look pretty nice and come with 2 mags and probably the original barrel.

...skip on the pawn shop gun...you'll be glad you did.

- brickboy240

1 - 7 of 7 Posts