Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took the XD9 to the range yesterday and put some money through it. Although I was quite distracted by the nice fellow next to me holding his beautiful XD 40 sideways and shaking his laser all over the place I managed some pretty good groups.

I shot from 5 and 7 yards with 16 rounds per target. I felt like my group was MUCH better and I am naturally going to the correct grip when I pick up my weapon, instead of having to readjust after taking it up. I still seem to be shooting low, so I will continue dry firing to work on trigger work. But all in all I was very happy with my shooting, besides the fact that I had to get out in yesterdays miserable weather!

Any and all advice/criticism is as always much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Looks pretty good. With some more dry firing those groups should bunch right up.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
The worst day at the range is better than the best day at work.

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
The worst day at the range is better than the best day at work.
I'll drink to that!

Looks like you're getting better! Congrats.

·
Registered
950 Posts
What kind of loads were you using?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but these pics reminded me that it seems most people shoot low with the XD, including myself. And this is without using the 6 o'clock sighting like Springfield says. Anyone have any good explanations? Maybe I'm just making a bad observation...

·
Registered
777 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but these pics reminded me that it seems most people shoot low with the XD, including myself. And this is without using the 6 o'clock sighting like Springfield says. Anyone have any good explanations? Maybe I'm just making a bad observation...
What I've seen with my XD9-SC is that the POI was below the POA out to 15 yards. I mostly shoot 10 yards and closer (SD distances) and always shot low. My rear sight was stamped with the letter "G". I contacted SA and they sent me an "H" rear sight. Now my POI = POA out to 15 yards. If I move back further than 15, I start shooting high.

It seems like the factory sights are set up for 25 yard type distances which are beyond my skill / age / eyesight ability.

I really like the "H" sight but it is a PITA to install by yourself.

·
Registered
374 Posts
What I've seen with my XD9-SC is that the POI was below the POA out to 15 yards. I mostly shoot 10 yards and closer (SD distances) and always shot low. My rear sight was stamped with the letter "G". I contacted SA and they sent me an "H" rear sight. Now my POI = POA out to 15 yards. If I move back further than 15, I start shooting high.

It seems like the factory sights are set up for 25 yard type distances which are beyond my skill / age / eyesight ability.

Interesting, I learned something new today. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
373 Posts

Wow, I had no idea that there were different rear sights. I just checked my XD9 tactical and the rear sight has a "G" on it. Maybe I should call Springfield since it would be better to be on target at 15 yards or less and just aim a little high for those long range shots. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Maybe people use their pinky finger too much when they grip their pistol?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts