Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get new grips for my Citadel compact. I am looking for a good set of grips for conceal carry, they need to have good traction but don't grab my shirt. I am looking at either a tactical checkered wood grip or a peanut style. Does anyone have any input oo this? Or, any better ideas. Thanks

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I found the rubber grips provided on my Pro Carry are best for me.
I have lots of grips, but those are my favorites.
I'm getting a second pair for my RIA 1911.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Diocoles. I have the Hogue finger groove grips on there now, but the rubber tends to get caught on my shirts. I was thinking about switching to a more normal grip but use the Pearce grip finger groove grip underneath and I see alot of these peanut, golf ball and wasp shaped grips and was wondering how well they work.

·
Premium Member
127,260 Posts
I have the Hogue finger groove grips on there now

That's what I have on my 1911. I agree, they do have a tendency to adhere to your shirt.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Check out VZ grips in canvas. I've got a pair on my Micro Compact and I really like them. I am not legally allowed to carry concealed outside my home since I live in Wisconsin, but hope to very soon. These grips do not seem to catch and are nice and grippy. I've got Blasted Black Canvas Gatorbacks on the Micro and Black Desert Sand G10 Aliens on my Mil Spec.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Yes, I've heard good things about the alien grips. Some look good.
Wicked Grips look good, don't think they snag.

I have a set of Hogue and don't use them. Again, the ones that came with my Kimber Pro Carry II don't catch on my shirt. They really are nice.

If you get a chance to handle one, check them out.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
G10 grips once you shoot with those you will see why the give in hogues basically undoes all the advantages of a 1911..... and the hogues pull up your shirt.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yocan, when you say g10 grips is there any particular style or are they all the same? Do you have any specific ones you've tried and liked?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Picked up a set of Wilson combat gator micarta grips today and they are awesome.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
G10 grips once you shoot with those you will see why the give in hogues basically undoes all the advantages of a 1911..... and the hogues pull up your shirt.

G-10 for sure..
VZ is good as long as you don't need any custom work done to them.
BTW, these are VZ screws..

I'd rather have Larry Davidson make me a set though.
He is much better at custom orders..;)

MonkeyGrips

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Thanks Diocoles. I have the Hogue finger groove grips on there now, but the rubber tends to get caught on my shirts. I was thinking about switching to a more normal grip but use the Pearce grip finger groove grip underneath and I see alot of these peanut, golf ball and wasp shaped grips and was wondering how well they work.
If you like wrap around grips try Pachmayr grips, I specifically chose them over the hogue grips because they do not stick to the shirt but still provide an excellent grip.
http://www.pachmayr.com/pistol-grip-details.php

4th set down combat grippers
One of the places to get them but search around you may find a better price. I've had mine on for a while now and they work great without felling all mushy and tacky like the hogues do.

·
Registered
778 Posts
My vote goes to VZ's. They look good, have good grip (ranging from smooth to cheese grater depending on your preference) and practically indestructible.

I have the ETC's on my Kimber and like them a lot. I just did a little browsing and now see that they have several other new grips like the FRAG etc's and Aztecs. I really like those frag grips, they just didn't have them in full size w/ magwell when I ordered about a year ago.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have a set.of rogue and mine are not tacky feeling at all they so make.it quite thicker then my.stock limber eclipse grips

1 - 15 of 15 Posts