Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I have a bit of a dilema. I am looking to purchase a few ar15 magazines to go with my new Smith and Wesson M&P. While searching the internet I ran across several nice quality looking magazines but my state has restrictions that I can only have a max of fifteen rounds. Does anyone know a good magazine that will meet these restrictions? Also I came across a Thermold ten round magazine, are they any good? Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Pmags are nice, but there are loters out there as well. I have not jumped ont he magpul gravy train.... but I know of a few people who sold everything they had in mags to but Pmags and lost a good deal of money, is it worth it? I dont think so but they might... that being said, I have lots of Cproducts mags and have never had a issue, however if you do happen to have a issue Larry does with with you to resolve them. They have straight 10 rounders... which I do not like since they are so short it does not leave much to grab ahold of. Or blocked 20rd mags, that hold 10. 20s are awesome and have been catching on quite a bit lately, never seen a 20 have a issue. Links to 44mag that have stock right now on both.

44MAG.com-5.56 AR15 Magazine 20rd blocked to 10rd Stainless Steel CPro
44MAG.com-5.56 AR15 Magazine 10rd Black Teflon CProducts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
The CProducts mags are great if you can't find the Pmags which are proving to be like unicorns lately (lots of people say they have seen them, but nobody's got any)!!

The other thing that I have heard people doing is buying mil-surplus 20 round mags (which are flawless in terms of how they work), and modifying/replacing the standard followers with Magpul enhanced followers that supposedly, because of the long "feet" on the followers, limit the mag capacity. Again...I have never done this and don't know how/if it works, but I'll throw that out there. For the money the CProducts pre-blocked mags cost...it'll be hard to go wrong with that setup in terms of cost and reliability/functionality.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The CProducts mags are great if you can't find the Pmags which are proving to be like unicorns lately (lots of people say they have seen them, but nobody's got any)!!.
Yeah no kidding on the Pmags. Two weeks ago three cases at my local fun shop, all gone on the 5th!!!! Am I surprised no, sad yes.....I want some!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts