Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I stopped by my local big box camping/sporting goods store a couple of days ago and saw they had Remington Golden Saber 9mm 124 +P (GS9MMD) on sale for $20.88/25 rounds, normally around $30 a box. They only had four boxes left so I grabbed all four. When I went to their website and looked it said that it was on clearance. They also had about a dozen of the standard pressure 124 (GS9MMB) for $19.88/25 rounds, which I did not purchase.

I've used a box of this +P in the past and it worked well with no misfires. So I'm wondering if something has changed with Golden Saber or if it is still a good current reliable round. Has it been discontinued, is the bonded version replacing the original version? Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
The old golden sabers did not have bonded jackets. The new ones do. I have shot the old ones through metal plates, blue jeans and other materials and never had jacket separation. Buy and use them with confidence.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does that mean GSB9MMD replacing GS9MMD? It's strange because I don't see anything about the bonded version on Remington's website. They only show part numbers for the non-bonded ones.

·
Registered
29,734 Posts
Remington's website says nothing about being discontinued.

Just because your retailer isn't going to carry it any more doesn't mean Remington won't be making it.

And, fwiw--you'll still be able to get GS under the UHD--Ultimate Home Defense--line. Same round, different package.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts