Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to order a Mosin Nagant just wondering who has a good place to order from. AIM has some M91s I was thinking I wanted a M44 but have never ordered C&Rs from anybody besides AIM. Anybody recommend a good place to deal with?

·
Registered
17 Posts
try j&g sales and also big 5 sporting goods for the mosin nagant. I got mine from J&g sales. and really like it. have you got any good places to get ammo for the mosin. My supply is running low

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I'll try J&G. Don't have any ammo links, but if I run into some during my searches I'll PM you the link.

·
Premium Member
11,114 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
This is near the top of my list as well. I don't even think I'll put optics on it, just go with irons.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
WARNING, WARNING, WARNING!!!!

They are VERY addictive....I have two...a 91/30 and a M44

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WARNING, WARNING, WARNING!!!!

They are VERY addictive....I have two...a 91/30 and a M44
Which one do you like best? I like the M44 carbine but I don't like the bayonet.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Which one do you like best? I like the M44 carbine but I don't like the bayonet.

Try to find an M38. Basically, an M44, minus the bayonet.

I like AIM, and Classic Arms for C&Rs. Empire Arms gets some nice stuff that the other dealers don't get. It'll cost you a little more, but it's generally worth it.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I like my 91/30 a lot, 69 years old and shoots better than me. It is a Finn capture/rearsenal 'potbelly' stock from the Winter War ('39 Tula Arsenal mfr).

I'll have to take a pic of it, the three notches cut into stock long ago freak some folks out a bit - but I just look at it as confirmation of functionality.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
I'll have to take a pic of it, the three notches cut into stock long ago freak some folks out a bit - but I just look at it as confirmation of functionality.
Confirmation of functionality... I like that!

·
Registered
171 Posts
You've got at least some Big 5s in Texas...I would definitely go that route since you can handpick your own rifle, get to choose from more than one most likely, and save a few bucks on shipping and ffl fees.

Plus, you might find a cool Hex receiver or something else really historic or interesting.

I agree with other posters...its dangerous! Once you get it...you'll realize how cheap and fun they are to shoot, you'll never be able to stop at just the one. Don't even get me started on K31s!

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the info. I'm going to order one tomorrow. I have a C&R ffl so I can have it delivered to the house.
I've been wanting a K31 but I think the mosin will be cheaper to shoot.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes the K31s cost a little bit more to shoot, but its worth every penny...so smooth, so accurate! Might as well get both:D
I wish. The K31 is my next purchase.

·
Premium Member
127,764 Posts
My 91/30 is one of my favorite rifles to shoot.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea I think I've decided on a 91/30.

·
Premium Member
11,114 Posts
That's what I was hoping you'd do! I love my 91/30.

It's fairly accurate up to 200 yards. Trying to look for another outdoor range that can go beyond 200 yards just for the fun of it! Ammo is cheap! :p

1 - 20 of 38 Posts