Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going on a trip to Mississippi tomarrow and im trying to figure out were i can and cant carry there any help would be nice. thanks

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
Government buildings, schools, places of worship. Private businesses with posted "No firearms" signs are enforced under trespassing laws (ie, they can ask you to leave, and if you don't then you can be arrested for trespassing).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Make sure you have a carry permit with reciprocity in MS - even if you OC to avoid any illegal concealed carrying without a license. They have a court ruling that says a gun in a holster, even if worn OC, is considered a concealed weapon because part of the gun is concealed in the holster.

You can have it in your car, though.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Everyone has covered it already, you also can't carry in an establishment that serves alcohol. I think we honor CCLs from every other state.

I need to go get mine.

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
I usually look up the statutes myself rather than relying on websites and other people. I also contact a supervisor of where I will be carrying and confirm the statutes I found online, as well as ask if anything is missing. Unless I have previously traveled to the state and still have that information. Carry the statutes with you and write down the name of the supervisor you spoke with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts