Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the going rate on Xd's? I have been buying the Service models in near new condition for right at $400. Tacticals run $425 or $450 it seems. These are the standard black guns....no stainless, tan/green frames etc......

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
That seems about right to me. Stainless maybe a little bit more. Off colors not much more at all.

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
It really varies depending on where you live and from whom you are buying.

Prices have come down from when XDs were hot and harder to find, now they are in stock all over for cheaper than 2 years ago.

Sometimes private sales are lower because the guy needs money, sometimes they are HIGHER because the seller can't believe a gun has lost value.

Here near Seattle, prices are higher than most places. I've seen brand new XD .45 Service black/black for $435. Most places it's $455. 9mm lower.

So, to ME $400 used doesn't seem like a deal but it's not far off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Shoot, I see XD 45s for $619 to $679 locally, here in MD, and in that group, there's a couple stainless/black ones, and OD/black.

Hence why I'm going to a show next weekend, to see if I can find a better deal.

-John

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought mine used in great condition for $405. After he said they don't negotiate prices I said I was going to another gun store to purchase it. As I was walking out he said he would knock off 5% so I bought it. It's worth at least asking.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I've heard than an immaculate 45Compact can be had for about $400 :twisted:

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you hear of any XD 45's for that price let me know. I have been looking for one for a long time.I have found a couple in the $450.00 range but by the time you factor in shipping and FFL fees it get up around $500.00
If you hear of any let me know via pm or at [email protected]
I am in the Dallas,Tx area
Thanks

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I bought a slightly used XD45 service in dark earth for $415. It came with the gear kit and the accesory kit (3 extra mags, mag holder and case). I also bought a new in box XD40SC for $419 delivered. Got it from a gun shop in Jonesboro, AR via gunbroker.com. Had to pay a $40 transfer fee when it arrived at my local gun shop in Wisconsin.

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
It's amusing to me that XDs, subsequent to being marketed by Springfield, are now more expensive than Glocks. $400 is my "standard" price that I'm willing to pay for a lnib Glock, sometimes even get night sights @ that price.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
It's amusing to me that XDs, subsequent to being marketed by Springfield, are now more expensive than Glocks. $400 is my "standard" price that I'm willing to pay for a lnib Glock, sometimes even get night sights @ that price.
Well........you get what you pay for ( unless it's got HK on the side of it )

·
Registered
325 Posts
I picked up my XD45 service model for 375 used, it was dirty when I got it, but it cleaned up like a new gun and really didnt look like it had a high round count the extractor barly had any wear on there. less than my 9mm that I have over 2000 rounds atleast.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here near Seattle, prices are higher than most places. I've seen brand new XD .45 Service black/black for $435. Most places it's $455. 9mm lower.

So, to ME $400 used doesn't seem like a deal but it's not far off.
Here in Maryland a brand new XD-45 compact black is worth $599.99 + taxes and other expenses. So $400.00 for a used one is certainly a good deal for me. Rest depands on the condition of the handgun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here in Maryland a brand new XD-45 compact black is worth $599.99 + taxes and other expenses. So $400.00 for a used one is certainly a good deal for me. Rest depands on the condition of the handgun.
$399 from Buds Guns online. Lightly used with 3 mags.

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
Sure would be nice to find a Tactical .45acp Bi-Tone for under 500.00 total price. The shipping and transfer fees take them back up to the new dealer prices of about 540.00.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Wanted to bump this thread. I have an opportunity to buy an xd45 compact and a friend said "make me an offer" Wanted to give a fair number. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got my bi-tone Tactical 45 for 400 with one mag and no case. Traded my MAK-91 at a pawn shop for that and an old 22. The XD was marked 499 but he had some wiggle room on it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts