Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few things are worse but not as annoying as not being able to find something in the dark when you are outdoors: Flashlights, radios, matches..you get the idea.

Consider this: Glow-On Self Adhesive phosphorescent film is the solution:

Small strips of the material around small objects will give you assurance that you'll be able to find those small gadgets in the dar if you need them.
'Well, all i need is my flashlight!"
Really?
What if you can't find your flashlight?

lets make the story short, check this out:
(The film is thick so tape might be needed to keep it strapped around very small objects)

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I have bought some florescent paint but it just isn't very bright on my gun sight. I ordered a bottle and will let you know how it works out.
update:
I ordered the 4.6ml bottle of Glow-on original on 6-16 and received shipment 6-20. IMO major screw up because what I received was the smallest 2.3ml bottle.
I sent an email to their customer contact asking what they were going to do about it. I am waiting for an answer. IMO they should just send me another 2.3ml bottle so I end up with the amount of ml I paid for.
UPDATE again:
Gatopardo is handling this problem personally for me. I appreciate it when a vendor takes care of its customers.
As for the product.
I applied the Glow-On to two of my guns as directed. I thought it hardly glowing at all when I put the gun into darkness.
Then I held the gun directly under a light bulb for maybe 15 seconds and then put the gun into darkness. Well how about that! It glows plenty bright lime green now. I placed the gun on my night stand and could definitely see the sights. I had a tell tale where the gun was for sure.
In the daylight they don't make hardly a difference on my LCR if looking into bright daylight around target, but under normal daylight the sights show up white. In the house during daytime it does help the sighting as the sights look off white making the sights much more visible. I was contemplating getting a XS dot front sight but I might not need to now.
I went outside during daylight sighting on my usual target area and the sights appeared white making the sights very visible, much more visible than without the glow on. I was only outside maybe 10 seconds and when I went back into the house I was amazed how the sights became instantly very visible bright green. This product is amazing IMO.
This little 2.3ml bottle will do many gun sights for sure.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
The ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need... and this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need... and these matches

·
Premium Member
7,075 Posts
The ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need... and this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need... and these matches
And this Thermos! LMAO

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I put some Glow-On adhesive on my flashlight I keep on my night stand several years ago. That thing still glows pretty good and lets me see the flashlight in the dark. Pretty good stuff. :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rock and Glock said:
What if I can't find my wife?

I think this is a great utilitarian idea, actually. Very creative!
That's easy! You take some glow-On and a T-shirt, then and put a few small on the front and the back. You'll be able to see her moving around the room.

That's it and I'm not kidding....My two year old can spot me and wont let me go when I check on him in the middle of the night, if he's awake of course!

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
shadowwalker said:
Went to site and did not see item so could order my son wants some.
The first two options 7 & 8 are the super bright self adhesive..The third one, option 9 is pretty average in fact i'm taking that one out, you can find similar anywhere.
Options 7 & 8 are custom made.

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's a basic visual description which shows approximate color of the products and the glow color.

The Glow on Bubble Gum Red and Orange Sherbet is a greenish glow. Hard to describe.
The colored paint has a fluorescent color, the same used on fluorescent markers and such.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts