Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned and used long guns for a long time have fired a couple of hand guns and going to buy a gun for my wife and my self, one each. She is an accomplished shot as a medic with the Army and National Guard, I am going for something in self/home defense and am highly condidering the 9mm for her and a 45 for myself as my experiances have shown that it is what I can handle, Iv'e been taught that you use as large as you can comfortably handle and control.
I want the XD as it's highly recommended by all that I talk to except my son who's sold on the Glock ( is it allowed to mention another brand?)
Thanks for having me here

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Is it allowed to mention another brand?
Of course it is.
This the most unbiased forum you will find.
I love my XDs, but I'd take a Sig over an XD any day.
But that is OK on this forum.

I've owned an D9sc and an XD45 compact.
Both are great pistols.
Still have the XD9sc, more of an HD gun.
Loved the XD45 compact, it just cost too much to feed.

Good luck in your search.............

·
Registered
190 Posts
welcome to the camp, if your heart is set on a 45 for youself great choice, but like 1lowlife said they cost a bit to shoot. I have a double stack kimber that i primarily carry, and just traded a buddy my xd compact for a sig 229, both great guns. your best bet is to go to a bunch (or a couple) gun stores take your time and get to feel every gun of interest in your hands and better yet find a gunshop that has an indoor range and rent them, see what works for you and not what works for everyone else. and when it's your girls turn for a pistol repeat all previous steps, have her come with you maybe the shop would work a deal if you buy both guns at the same time. good luck. and when you get them don't hesitate to show them off!!

·
Premium Member
127,435 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Welcome, I went with the XD9 mainly due to cost of ammo and being able to practice more for less $$$. A good SD 124+P 9mm will more than do the job for SD/HD purposes.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Welcome to you and your wife. I have an XD9SC and love it. I get a lot more practice in because I can afford the ammo. I carry an LCP because of it's size and the difficulty of concealing my XD in the summer. Get what feels the best in your hand.

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Welcome from AZ. In our family I bought all of my guns and primarily head for my 45 compact. It is a great service weapon and can be minimized with a short magazine for CCW.

My 9 subcompact has now become my wifes. She swears it is hers and I love that. She wasnt really into guns but the baby XD changed all of that. I still carry it occasionally too, because it disappears in a CCW holster.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Xd is a nice choice. Shoot a glock and an XD and it should be an easy choice. Welcome from Minnesota.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts