Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done Sigs and Rugers, but I just finally got round to doing a nearly complete frame strip on my XD-40 Service. Not a big deal at all, if you follow any of the very good guides available on the web. FWIW, I saw no need to take the mag release apart on this go round.

When you do this, you will likely find bits of crud, junk, and yes even some tiny spot of rust here or there (mine was on the two pins that hold the locking block in place). I also did a quick polishing up on the contact points of the trigger bar and sear, and applied some tiny amounts PTFE "green" grease to the appropriate parts/spots. Did a pretty thorough cleanup of all the other parts, reassembled, and now the trigger is a bit smoother than before. PTFE grease on the pins also makes reassembly quite easy.

RE: the trigger improvement -- I have no way to measure this, but it seems to be smoother all the way through the pull. Note, I won't mod this trigger; I'm saving that for a XD-9 Tactical on my yet-to-own list.

I'll probably do the slide this weekend, and report back on any useful findings there.

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
I've detail stripped my XD, but I never felt the need to remove the mag release or grip safety.

All in all it was pretty easy to take apart and easy to put back together.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Check you tube out, and do a search for Springfield XD, I just finshed a proyect on a XD 9SC, and I followed up the videos, it was very easy to do, just be carefull when you do the slide there are 2 tiny springs one of them is for the chamber indicator and the other one is for the firing pin block, they are almost the same size so make sure you dont get them mixed. Also whenever you take the firing pin out make sure you put your finger on it, or the spring will shoot out, and its a mess to look for it, believe me i had to search my entire living room for it.

Hope this helps.

Pablo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts